SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PayPal is kicking off the holiday season with its exclusive promotions and increased purchase protections for customers around the world. This year’s special offers include free shipping and deep discounts at great places to shop like eBay (Nasdaq:EBAY), Barnes and Noble and ShoeBuy.com.
Another reason to shop online this holiday season is PayPal’s expanded purchase protection. This means that shoppers across the globe who use PayPal on retail websites can be protected for eligible purchases if they don't receive an item they purchased, or if they receive an item that is significantly different than described by the retailer.
“Time-crunched shoppers are looking online or using their mobile phones to purchase that perfect bargain this holiday season,” said Amanda Pires, senior director at PayPal. “With more ways to shop than ever, consumers will not only be looking for deals, but also for a simplified shopping experience with the peace of mind knowing they can receive PayPal protection.”
More shoppers will take to their mobile phones to buy that perfect gift this year. In fact, PayPal mobile transactions have increased six-fold — from $25 million in 2008 to $141 million in 2009. PayPal expects that trend to continue as more retailers create mobile web stores using PayPal’s Mobile Express Checkout.
From now until January 12, 2011, PayPal customers can take advantage of exclusive deals by simply using PayPal at checkout online or on their mobile phones. Specific promotions include:
Offers + Free Shipping
- Barnes & Noble.com will offer 15 percent off on all PayPal purchases, plus free shipping.
- Shoebuy.com will offer PayPal customers $10 off purchases of $80 or more, plus free shipping.
- 1800Flowers.com will offer 15 percent off, plus free shipping on all PayPal purchases.
- eBags will offer PayPal customers 25 percent off on all purchases.
- eBay select shoppers will receive $10 back from Bill Me Later on their first Bill Me Later purchases, coupled with a six-month “no payments,” so you can shop now and pay later from November 1 – December 31, 2010.
- MacMall will offer exclusive savings on the hottest products of the season.
- Newegg.com will offer PayPal customers exclusive savings on great products.
- UGG® Australia will offer free shipping to PayPal customers.
eBay Group Gifts
A new way to give a gift this year, eBay Group Gifts works with PayPal and Facebook to make giving gifts together with friends and family easy. With eBay Group Gifts, customers can chip in for a gift online whether it’s for the holidays or any special occasion.
Cash Back for Bill Me Later Customers: Buy Now and Pay Later
Just in time for holiday shopping, Bill Me Later shoppers can earn up to 10 percent cash back by making purchases at many of their favorite online stores. Shoppers earn cash back credit by simply clicking to a merchant site from the Bill Me Later cash back shopping portal.
For more information about the 2010 PayPal holiday promotions, and to see a full list of participating retailers, visit www.paypal-shopping.com/.
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows members to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With more than 90 million active accounts in 190 markets and 24 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce. PayPal is an eBay company and is made up of three leading online payment services: the PayPal global payment service, the Payflow Gateway and Bill Me Later.
More information about the company can be found at PayPal.com. PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and its international headquarters is located in Singapore.