BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Meati Foods, creator of delectable, animal-free products crafted from the company's patented, whole-food MushroomRoot™, today introduced four new products to its Eat Meati line of animal-free protein options: Crispy Bites, Spicy Crispy Cutlet, Garlic & Black Pepper Steak and Italian Seasoned Cutlet. The Crispy Bites are available online now via the meati™ Marketplace; the other three products are available now in special holiday bundles and for standalone purchase online in December. As with all new products introduced via the Marketplace, Meati intends for all four products to become available in retail locations, and consumer reception and feedback will help to shape the company's innovation pipeline. Each of these new products delivers a compositional purity made possible with MushroomRoot, which offers incredible texture and an extraordinary nutritional profile, including high protein and fiber content.
“It’s easy for nutrition to fall by the wayside in favor of convenience and flavor when consumers are constantly on the go. Like all meati products, Crispy Bites, Spicy Crispy Cutlet, Garlic & Black Pepper Steak and Italian Seasoned Cutlet are designed to make it turnkey to enjoy nutrient-rich and convenient meals that fit a range of taste preferences,” said Scott Tassani, president and chief operating officer of Meati Foods. “We’re looking forward to hearing reactions to each of these products geared toward convenient nutrition and the simple idea that flavor, nutrition and ease of cooking can be of equal prominence at the table.”
Each of Meati’s new products brings delicious, convenient nutrition to make mealtime easier than ever:
- Meati Crispy Bites are the company’s answer to the long-popular chicken nugget and will be available in two sizes: a 1 lb. bag at a price of $25, and a 5 lb. bag at a price of $115.
New products available through November as part of a holiday bundle, with individual sale coming in December as inventories allow:
- Meati Garlic & Pepper Steak is a new take on the Classic Steak and ready to throw on the grill with a black pepper-forward flavor profile and notes of roasted garlic.
- Meati Spicy Crispy Cutlet offers the familiar crispiness from our Crispy Cutlet with kicks of red pepper and cayenne for moderate heat.
- Meati Italian Seasoned Cutlet is an herb-forward juicy cutlet flavored with rosemary, oregano and thyme.
For shoppers looking to gift meati products - to a loved one or themselves! - Meati will offer special holiday bundles on its online marketplace.
- The Merry Mixer includes the original four meati classics, three new spicylicious cuts, and a bag of Crispy Bites for eaters eager to explore the full gamut of Good Energy®, priced at $99 including shipping for 19 servings.
- The Fresh Five includes brand-new Good Energy goodies for Meati fans: three fresh spicylicious takes on the original cuts, on-the-go jerky, and the nibble-sized Crispy Bites, priced at $119 including shipping for 23 servings.
About Meati Foods™
Founded in 2017, Meati Foods is working to maximize the boundless potential of MushroomRoot™, a whole food cultivated with a modernized version of ancient and natural processes that have helped preserve Earth’s ecosystems for millennia. Eat Meati®, the debut product line from Meati Foods featuring cutlets and steaks made from MushroomRoot, made its national retail debut in March 2023 after a year of record sellouts through its direct-to-doorstep online shop. The products are available at Whole Foods Market, Sprouts Farmers Market, Fresh Thyme and Meijer locations across the United States, and the company continues to expand its retail partnerships. Meati's textures and flavors have won the enthusiastic support of some of food's biggest icons, including David Chang (chef and founder of Momofuku and Majordomo Media); John Foraker (Once Upon a Farm CEO and former Annie's Organic CEO); Nicolas Jammet and Jonathan Neman (co-founders of sweetgreen); and Sam Kass (former White House senior policy advisor for nutrition and partner at Acre Venture Partners).