OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As reinsurance industry leaders prepare to gather in Monte Carlo for the annual Rendez-Vous de Septembre, AM Best’s latest research on the global industry highlights reinsurers’ resiliency in the face of economic and weather-related challenges, as well as the segment’s evolving nature.
Now available in one comprehensive report, featuring exclusive extra content, AM Best’s in-depth analysis of key segments and regional markets across the global reinsurance industry reveals a number of challenges. Rising optimism stemming from steep price increases and tighter terms and conditions is counterbalanced by an uncertain environment due to underwriting, economic, and geopolitical factors. The report explores factors affecting different reinsurance market participants. Specific regional observations include:
- Increased asset risk and greater severity of adverse weather events will test the balance sheet strength of reinsurers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Reinsurance capacity for the MENA region remains plentiful, although deteriorating risk landscapes, particularly for non-oil producing countries, continue to widen.
- Although Latin America’s reinsurers have enjoyed a respite from significant catastrophe losses, political risk is elevated across the region.
- Despite seeing strong growth, reinsurers in Asia Pacific experienced an earnings drag from underwriting losses and poor investment returns in 2022.
- Amid aggressive price hikes on higher inflation expectations, Europe’s “Big Four” reinsurers see benefits from hard-market conditions at 2023 renewals.
- The data and analysis behind AM Best’s annual ranking of the 50 largest reinsurance groups.
To access the full copy of this comprehensive Best’s Market Segment Report, please visit http://www3.ambest.com/bestweek/purchase.asp?record_code=335321.
To augment these segment reports, a number of video interviews with senior insurance rating analysts providing AM Best’s opinion and key findings on a selection of the principal reinsurance topics tackled in this volume of reports are available. To view these discussions, please visit Global Re 2023.
For all of AM Best’s research on the global reinsurance industry, please visit Best’s Research.
Lastly, AM Best will host its annual reinsurance market briefing at Rendez-Vous de Septembre on Sept. 10, 2023, at 10:15 a.m. (CEST) in Monte Carlo. For more information, please visit https://www.ambest.com/conference/rvds2023/index.html. AM BestTV will be conducting interviews from the conference as well. Please visit the event playlist for video interviews during the conference.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2023 by A.M. Best Rating Services, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.