BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--At a time when experts predict that 90% of the internet will be generated by AI, WEVO, the next-gen user experience (UX) research platform, suggests not trusting AI-generated drafts of content and experiences. Generative AI is trained on large language models (LLMs) that typically do not have highly specific information about the users who created the training data. Hence, current generative AI tools are helpful in creating content for a generic audience, but often fail when you need to take into account refined demographic or diversity information. Multiple academic papers have already exposed these shortcomings.1 Hence, user researchers, designers and product managers need to evaluate content and designs created by generative AI to ensure they indeed appeal to their specific and diverse customers. WEVO’s third generation of user research tools, WEVO 3.0, released today, ensures that AI-generated products and experiences are well received by the target human audience.
“Thanks to GPT and other generative AIs, organizations are creating content and experiences faster than ever before. This in turn leads to increased demand for tools that can evaluate the credibility and value, as perceived by humans, of this new content, before it is shared with the general public. In essence such tools de-risk new product and campaign launches. That is why now, more than ever before, there is a need for a solution that can automate the previously arduous processes of evaluating content and experience. WEVO is leading the industry in providing a platform that can test at the scale needed by today’s leading innovative companies,” said Nitzan Shaer, CEO and co-founder of WEVO.
WEVO leverages generative AI to dramatically reduce the effort required to conduct user studies while also increasing the reliability of the results. With WEVO 3.0, user researchers, designers and product managers can now complete a use study or usability study – assessing the strengths and weaknesses of content or a digital experience – with 30 minutes of effort versus the 30 hours typically required with traditional tools. Furthermore, the results are significantly more reliable as the sample size of the studies can include 120 participants versus 12 with traditional tools.
WEVO 3.0 is also the first user research platform to combine behavioral research, such as capturing where users click and measuring time to complete; and attitudinal research, sentiment analysis of the users’ reactions to the experience. WEVO’s usability solution replaces traditional video-based user studies by identifying where and why users are struggling or enjoying the experience. WEVO 3.0 includes these capabilities never before combined in a user research platform at scale:
- Key findings: A summary of all the main takeaways and insights can be downloaded to PowerPoint for sharing with internal teams for every study at no additional cost.
- Usability metrics: Designed to track user behavior, including task completion rate, time to complete, and ease of use.
- Click maps: Exact depiction of where people clicked on each page of their journey.
- Path analysis: Tracking the path of people to advance through the experience and where they dropped off.
- Sentiment analysis: Qualitative understanding of areas in the experience that users liked, didn’t like and why.
“‘Quantifying the qualitative at scale’ is how we think of WEVO at Vaan. WEVO has become an indispensable tool in our pursuit of optimizing our clients’ e-commerce and digital experiences through brand conversion design. With WEVO, we run usability tests in minutes that provide deep insights into users' behavior, preferences, likes, dislikes, and why, through a unique combination of generative AI and human-augmented AI. It’s become critical to how Vaan ensures that our messaging, designs and overall strategy align with our clients’ target audience, and it minimizes the risks associated with big launches,” said Xavier Armand, CEO, The Vaan Group.
WEVO leverages generative AI for what generative AI is really good at: summarizing content and doing the heavy lifting of the research. AI powers three key components of WEVO 3.0:
- Ensuring high quality of respondents: The AI evaluates the respondents’ answers during the test to ensure they are focused on the study questions and are entering relevant responses.
- Prioritizing responses: With 120 participants and over 10 open-ended questions, there is a lot of qualitative data to evaluate. The AI helps to prioritize these responses so the researcher can read the most important quotes first.
- Summarizing the key findings: The AI, assisted by humans, combs through all the results to help generate the key findings from the study.
Leading user experience professionals from top global brands have been leveraging WEVO’s AI-powered tools to get more user research done with more confidence. Their satisfaction has placed WEVO among the most recommended user research tools in the world with an NPS score of 88 as measured by the customer rating site G2 (Enterprise, Winter 2023).
With its comprehensive suite of features, WEVO offers an all-in-one platform to UX researchers, as well as product, marketing, and design teams engaged in research activities. Enterprise organizations can expect to receive the following benefits from the powerful capabilities of WEVO:
- Robust and reliable data: Make decisions based on statistically significant data on users' actions, along with understanding the emotional sentiment driving those actions.
- Low effort: Conduct frequent and extensive testing without the need for additional resources, allowing researchers to tackle the accumulated backlog of evaluative research.
- Increased confidence: Launch updated or new digital experiences with greater confidence, backed by reliable user research.
- Early-stage testing: Test digital experiences in the prototype phase before significant development resources are allocated, saving time and effort.
WEVO’s revolutionary approach to scale and speed enables leading professionals to launch digital experiences and marketing campaigns that truly delight their end users and avoid wasting resources on substandard ones. The accuracy and ease of use of WEVO 3.0 are especially important in an economy where organizations are leaner and unable to risk launching inadequately tested products and experiences.
WEVO is a UX research platform that enables leading companies to uncover reliable, statistically significant user insights about their digital experiences in a fraction of the time of typical user research tools. WEVO delivers scores, benchmarks and synthesized insights, enabling research, product and marketing teams to de-risk the decisions they need to make.
1Academic papers that expose shortcomings of generative AI in creating content for diverse audiences include:
“Evaluating Large Language Models in Generating Synthetic HCI Research Data: a Case Study” Perttu Hämäläinen, Aalto University, Finland, Mikke Tavast, Aalto University, Finland, and Anton Kunnari, University of Helsinki, Finland
“Large Language Models as Simulated Economic Agents: What Can We Learn from Homo Silicus?” John J. Horton, MIT and NBER
“Using GPT for Market Research” James Brand, Ayelet Israeli and Donald Ngwe, Harvard Business School