TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Japan Analytical Instrument Manufacturers’ Association (JAIMA, 2-5-16, Kanda Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0054; president: Akira Nakamoto [also senior advisor of Shimadzu Corporation]) announces today that, in cooperation with the University of Tokyo, the Vietnam Association of Testing Laboratories (VINALAB), and Vietnam National University, it will hold its second joint seminar on February 10 (Fri.), in a hybrid format between the locations of Tokyo and Hanoi, as it did the year before last. The seminar is co-organized by the University of Tokyo and its "strategic partnerships" program and the University of Science at Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
This year's event will be a forum for discussions with relevant parties in the fields of environmental monitoring and food safety analysis on topics that require immediate solutions in Vietnam, along with discussions and proposals for solving specific social issues based on information from leading researchers in Japan, Vietnam and JAIMA member companies.
The symposium will be held at Nguy Nhu Kon Tum Hall on the campus of Vietnam National University, Faculty of Chemistry, and will be accompanied by exhibition booths from JAIMA and VINALAB member companies. From Japan, Professor Emeritus Yasuaki Maeda of Osaka Metropolitan University (an expert on environmental issues in Vietnam), Dr. Eri Matsumoto of Japan Food Research Laboratories (a specialist in heavy metals analysis in foods), and professors from the University of Tokyo and Vietnam National University will give lectures, while JAIMA-participating companies will introduce related products and applications.
Date & time: February 10, 2023 (Fri.)
11:00–13:00, 15:00–19:00, Japan Standard Time
09:00–12:00, 13:00–17:00, Vietnam time (UTC+7)
Note: The Vietnamese side has an additional one-hour concurrent exhibition tour.
JAIMA and via a web conference
Nguy Nhu Kon Tum Hall, Vietnam National University (within the Faculty of Chemistry)
Greetings and Keynote Speech with JAIMA President Akira Nakamoto, VINALAB President Nguyen Hoang Linh, and Director Vu Hoang Linh, University of Science at Vietnam National University, Hanoi
- Former Director Nguyen Van Noi, University of Science at Vietnam National University, Hanoi, on the topic of "Introduction of the SATREPS Project"
- Associate Professor Kazuma Mawatari, University of Tokyo, on the topic of "Microfluidics and Nano Fluidic Technology for ultrasensitive chemical analysis"
- Professor Emeritus Yasuaki Maeda, Osaka Metropolitan University, on the topic of "Air Pollution in Vietnam"
- Dr. Eri Matsumoto, Japan Food Research Laboratories, on the topic of "Status and Trends of Heavy Metals Analysis in Foods in Japan"
Vietnam National University and Vietnam Research Institute, on the topic of "Environment and Food Safety in Vietnam"
JAIMA-participating company lectures (on the topic of "Environmental Monitoring and Food Safety"), in alphabetical order:
- Agilent Technologies Japan, Ltd.
- DKK-TOA CORPORATION
- Hitachi High-Tech Corporation
- HORIBA, Ltd.
- JASCO Corporation
- JEOL, Ltd.
- KOMYO RIKAGAKU KOGYO K.K.
- Kyoto Electronics Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Rigaku Corporation
- SHIMADZU CORPORATION