CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Old Spice debuts the latest “Men Have Skin Too” commercial featuring a surprise cameo by actress Nia Long in her first-ever TV ad. Starring as a relationship therapist, Nia Long helps the Old Spice “Men Have Skin Too” couple navigate the hilarious minefield that comes with sharing the moisturization of new Fiji with Coconut Oil Hand & Body Lotion during cohabitation.
Let’s face it; many partners are known to borrow their significant other’s favorite-smelling t-shirt, most comfy hoodie, and even that stylish hat. Nearly 50% of women admit to having used their partner’s grooming products this past year alone, according to a Wakefield Research study. And many know that after these past 18 months of cohabitation, sharing isn’t always caring, and the little things -- like borrowing your partner’s personal products -- can become a serious matter. The new spot reflects a lighthearted outlook, dedicated to what couples may have been feeling or experiencing during quarantine.
“Working with such an iconic brand on the first commercial I’ve ever been a part of has been an amazing experience,” says Nia Long. “Old Spice was a product my grandfather used and one I was extremely familiar with. I also couldn’t resist the universal relatability of the Men Have Skin Too campaign, because who hasn’t had a significant other “borrow” their products?"
The latest addition to the “Men Have Skin Too” campaign continues to tackle the long-held belief that women’s products are superior with sought-after skin benefits, while men’s products lag. Fortunately, Old Spice’s Fresher Collection dispels these beliefs with innovative formulas for skin benefits, featuring real ingredients and fragrances. Simply put, it is so good, partners and family members crave it and prefer it as shown in the latest commercial.
“Online fan feedback inspired this next Men Have Skin Too chapter with the insight that they wanted an even spicier situation to take our classic ‘borrowing grooming products' storyline to another level,” said Matt Krehbiel, Old Spice vice president at Procter & Gamble. “The spot promotes the importance of therapy in a light-hearted way that many Old Spice fans will be able to relate to, especially given the challenges of the past year and a half."
Men Have Skin Too -- The Sequel
Created by Weiden + Kennedy (Portland), the sequel to the award-winning “Men Have Skin Too” campaign kicked off this summer, featuring Deon Cole (Black-ish, Grown-ish) and Gabrielle Dennis (Black Lady Sketch Show, The Upshaws). The couple's return introduces new characters, new relationship drama and the new Old Spice Fiji with Coconut Oil Hand & Body Lotion.
Earlier this summer, Patti LaBelle made a hilarious cameo appearance in the first spot, “Mother-in-Law,” and now we are introduced to Nia Long’s character as therapist in both :30 second and :15 second spots titled “Therapy,” which will air over the coming months on national television and the Old Spice YouTube Channel.
Fans can follow the integrated campaign across social media at #MenHaveSkinToo.
Old Spice “Skin Deep” Survey
- Nearly half of women (49%) have borrowed hair or body care products from their significant other in the past six months
- 29% of women who used their partner’s grooming products reached for the body wash
- 24% of women who borrowed their partner's body and hair care products did so because they're better quality or better scent!
- And the past 18 months of sharing and togetherness hasn't always made for domestic bliss: nearly 2 in 5 (39%) admit they’ve disagreed more with their significant other now than before the pandemic!
The Old Spice “Skin Deep” Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research among 1,000 people who are cohabitating, between June 11th and June 14th, 2021.
Old Spice Fresher Collection
Old Spice’s innovative Fresher Collection is nature inspired and formulated for men who seek skin benefits like moisturizers, real ingredients, elevated fragrances and more. It’s no wonder everyone else in the home will prefer it over what they’re currently using!
Products in the Fresher Collection featuring real ingredients with real benefits, includes:
- NEW: Fiji with Coconut Oil Hand & Body Lotion: This lightweight formula replenishes dry skin with 24-hour skin hydration and delivers amazing Fiji scent
- Fiji with Palm Tree Antiperspirant: 48-hour sweat and odor protection
- Fiji with Palm Tree Body Wash: The ridiculously long-lasting refreshing Fiji scent keeps you smelling like a tropical island all day long
- Hydrate with Aloe Body Wash: A thick, lathery refreshing body wash, forged with real ingredients that will deeply hydrate the skin just after one use
- Moisturize with Shea Butter Body Wash: A fruity fragrance, rounded out with sweet vanilla and amber
For more information on the full Fresher Collection lineup, visit https://oldspice.com/body.
ABOUT OLD SPICE
Procter & Gamble’s Old Spice is the quintessential grooming brand. With more than 80 years as an American icon, Old Spice is the authority on grooming experience and has leveraged this heritage to become the No.1 selling anti-perspirant and deodorant brand for guys in the United States. Old Spice offers a complete product portfolio for today’s evolving needs, including anti-perspirants, deodorants, body washes, body sprays, shampoos and hair stylers. Check Old Spice out at www.oldspice.com, Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/OldSpice), Twitter (@OldSpice) and Instagram (@oldspice).