BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fidelity Investments®, one of the largest and most diversified financial services firms, announced today that Joanna Rotenberg has been named head of its $4.1 trillion Personal Investing division, effective early November. Rotenberg succeeds Kathy Murphy. Earlier this year, Murphy announced her decision to step-away from her role before the end of the year.
Rotenberg joins Fidelity from Toronto-based BMO Financial Group, where she has been serving as group head of Wealth Management since 2016 and as a member of the company’s Executive Committee since joining in 2010. Rotenberg will report to Abigail P. Johnson, chairman and chief executive officer of Fidelity, and join the Fidelity Operating Committee.
“Joanna brings to Fidelity a forward thinking, results-driven approach and a passion for the digital experience,” said Johnson. “She will help us accelerate our digital operating model for the benefit of current clients as well as the next generation of Fidelity customers.”
Fidelity’s Personal Investing division is a multi-faceted business with a core purpose to inspire better futures by helping tens of millions of investors of all ages, backgrounds and affluence levels plan and manage their investments. The division is one of the largest and most successful retirement, brokerage and wealth management businesses in the financial services industry, servicing more than 30 million client accounts with $4.1 trillion in assets under administration.
“I’m excited about the opportunity to join Fidelity’s customer-focused culture and embrace the company’s mission to make a meaningful impact on the lives of tens of millions of investors,” said Rotenberg.
“For 12 years, Kathy has been a critical member of our senior leadership team, obsessed with the customer experience and always applying a keen eye to the outside world to enhance Fidelity’s strategic advantages. I have appreciated Kathy’s leadership, passion, energy and relentless drive to innovate and improve,” Johnson said.
Notes to Editors:
Biographical Information for Joanna Rotenberg
- Rotenberg was appointed to her current role at BMO in 2016, with responsibility for a broad range of businesses in North America, Europe and Asia, including Direct Brokerage, Full Service Brokerage, Private Banking, Insurance, and Asset Management.
- Rotenberg accelerated BMO Wealth’s digitization journeys, including revamping the online investing platform for BMO’s direct channel. Since 2020, net new client growth at BMO’s online brokerage has tripled. She also drove BMO’s focus on the ‘best of’ human and technology capabilities by introducing SmartFolio, the first robo-advisor in Canadian banking, and developing innovative new offerings for AdviceDirect, BMO’s hybrid advice model.
- After joining BMO in 2010, Joanna held roles as the company’s head of Strategy and its Chief Marketing Officer. As CMO, she led social media marketing, accelerated its data-driven approach, and modernized BMO’s brand.
- Joanna launched BMO for Women, an enterprise-wide program providing capital and support for female clients and employees. She also was a major supporter of BMO’s Zero Barriers to Inclusion program for employees in under-represented backgrounds to ensure strong career sponsorship and improved retention.
- Prior to joining BMO, Joanna was a partner with McKinsey & Company and a leader in McKinsey’s North American financial services practice.
- Active in the communities where she works and lives, Joanna chaired the United Way of Greater Toronto’s Major Individual Giving Campaign for 2020.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity’s mission is to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses we serve. With assets under administration of $11.2 trillion, including discretionary assets of $4.2 trillion as of July 31, 2021, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 38 million people invest their own life savings, 22,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing more than 13,500 wealth management firms and institutions with investment and technology solutions to drive growth. Privately held for 75 years, Fidelity employs more than 52,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit https://www.fidelity.com/about-fidelity/our-company.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC
900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
Fidelity Distributors Company LLC
500 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
National Financial Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC
200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA 02110
© 2020 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.