DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Endoscope Reprocessing Market by Product (HLD and Test Strips, Detergents & Wipes, AER (Portable, Standalone), Endoscope Tracking Solutions, Endoscope Drying, Storage, & Transport Systems), End User (Hospitals, ASCs & Clinics) - Global Forecast to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global endoscope reprocessing market is projected to USD 3.2 billion by 2026 from USD 2.1 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2021 to 2026.
The growth of this market is driven owing to increasing preference for endoscopic procedures, high risk of endoscope-associated infections, growing geriatric population and the subsequent increase of endoscopic procedures, and increasing emphasis on improving reprocessing guidelines by healthcare facilities. Also, the growing medical devices industry in emerging economies is anticipated to offer an opportunity for the growth of the market during the forecast period.
High-level disinfectants and test strips are expected to hold the largest share of the endoscope reprocessing market, by product in 2021.
Based on product, the global endoscope reprocessing market is segmented into high-level disinfectants and test strips; detergents & wipes; endoscope tracking systems; endoscope drying, storage, and transport systems; automated endoscope reprocessors (AERs); and other products (brushes and flushing aids, leak testers, hookups, and sponges). In 2020, the high-level disinfectants and test strips segment accounted for the largest share of the global endoscope reprocessing market. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the increasing outbreaks linked to inadequate cleaning or disinfecting during HLD, the effectiveness of high-level disinfectants for quality assurance in decontaminating endoscopes, and rising adherence to endoscope reprocessing guidelines by healthcare centres.
Hospitals are expected to hold the largest share of the endoscope reprocessing market, by end-user in 2021.
Based on end-users, the global endoscope reprocessing market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and clinics, and other end users (diagnostic centers, mobile endoscopy facilities, and office endoscopy centers). In 2020, the hospitals' segment accounted for the largest share owing to the increasing government & private funding, growth in the healthcare sector in emerging economies, increasing out-of-pocket healthcare expenditure worldwide, and the increasing number of endoscopic procedures performed.
North America commanded the largest share of the endoscope reprocessing market in 2021.
Based on region, the endoscope reprocessing market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. In 2020, North America commanded the largest share of the endoscope reprocessing market. The largest share of North America can be attributed to factors such as the rising incidence of cancer, favourable reimbursement scenarios, and increasing incidence of endoscope-related infections.
- Increasing Preference for Endoscopic Procedures
- High Risk of Endoscope-Associated Infections
- Growing Geriatric Population and the Subsequent Increase of Endoscopic Procedures
- Increasing Emphasis on Improving Reprocessing Guidelines by Healthcare Authorities
- Concerns Related to the Safety of Reprocessed Instruments
- Adverse Effects of Chemical Disinfectants
- High Cost of Endoscopy Procedures and Limited Reimbursements in Developing Countries
- Growing Medical Devices Industry in Emerging Economies
- Preference for Single-Use Endoscopes
- Shortage of Trained Professionals
- Lack of Awareness Associated with Reprocessing Methods
- Advanced Sterilization Products
- Arc Healthcare Solutions
- Belimed AG (A Metall Zug Group Company)
- Bes Healthcare (A Division of Bes Rehab Ltd)
- Borer Chemie Ag
- Cantel Medical
- Conmed Corporation
- Custom Ultrasonics
- Endo-Technik W. Griesat GmbH
- Getinge Ab
- Medical Devices Group Srl
- Medonica Co. Ltd
- Metrex Research, LLC
- Micro-Scientific, LLC
- Olympus Corporation
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- Shinva Medical Instrument Co., Ltd
- Steelco S.P.A
- Summit Imaging, Inc.
- Wassenburg Medical (A Member of Hoya)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bso2zl