NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As Seward & Kissel prepares to convene virtually for its seventh annual Private Funds Forum, our economy continues to show cautious signs of recovery as we rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic. Amidst a new U.S. presidential and congressional administration, a possible overhaul of the U.S. tax code, and the ever-present volatility of investment markets—particularly the moment-to-moment fluctuation of digital assets—the private funds and investment management communities could be on target for a revolutionary year.
The three-day forum will be hosted virtually from Tuesday, June 15 to Thursday, June 17. Panels will feature speakers from Seward & Kissel and leaders of the financial services community, including an armchair discussion with Michael C. Neus, Private Funds Attorney Fellow at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Additional speakers include individuals from Galaxy Digital, Kennedy Lewis Investment Management, KPMG, Lexington Partners, and Two Sigma Investments.
Panel topics include:
- A conversation with Michael C. Neus, Private Funds Attorney Fellow in the SEC’s Division of Investment Management;
- Implications of the new SEC investment adviser marketing rule;
- Tax implications of the pandemic and potential effects of the Biden administration’s tax proposal;
- MNPI risks, policies, procedures, and practices; and
- Considerations for investment managers investing in digital assets.
We invite you to learn more and register for the complimentary virtual forum here.
About Seward & Kissel LLP
Seward & Kissel LLP, founded in 1890, is a leading U.S. law firm with an international reputation for excellence. The firm is particularly well known for its hedge fund and investment management work, having established the first hedge fund ever, A.W. Jones, in 1949, and having earned numerous best in class awards over the years. In addition, Preqin recently identified Seward & Kissel as the top U.S. law firm based on number of hedge funds serviced.