LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The new perishable goods sea transportation market research from Technavio indicates negative growth in the short term as the business impact of COVID-19 spreads.
Get detailed insights on the COVID-19 pandemic crisis and recovery analysis of the perishable goods sea transportation market.
"One of the primary growth drivers for this market is the rising demand for processed food,” says a senior analyst for the industrials industry at Technavio. The market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments. As the markets recover, Technavio expects the perishable goods sea transportation market size to grow by USD 2.38 billion during the period 2021-2025.
Perishable Goods Sea Transportation Market Segment Highlights for 2020
- The perishable goods sea transportation market is expected to post a year-over-year growth rate of 5.92%.
- Based on the product, the MPS segment saw maximum growth in 2020. The meat, poultry, and seafood (MPS) must be carried at regulated temperature levels to preserve quality and freshness. The demand for MPS is increasing due to their various health benefits. With the increasing demand for meat, poultry, and seafood, the demand for perishable goods sea transportation will also grow.
- The market growth of the segment will be significant during the forecast period.
- 34% of the growth will originate from the APAC region.
- The change in dietary and food consumption patterns of people will facilitate the perishable goods sea transportation market growth in APAC over the forecast period.
- China is a key market for perishable goods sea transportation in APAC. Market growth in APAC will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Click here to learn about report detailed analysis and insights on how you can leverage them to grow your business.
Related Reports on Industrials Include:
Global Floating Storage Regasification Unit (FSRU) Market- The floating storage regasification unit (FSRU) market is segmented by end-user (power generation, industrial, and others), geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America), and key vendors. Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
Global Seafreight Forwarding Market- The seafreight forwarding market is segmented by service (FCL and LCL) and geography (Europe, APAC, North America, South America, and MEA). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
- The perishable goods sea transportation market size is expected to accelerate at a CAGR of almost 7% during the forecast period.
- The perishable goods sea transportation market is segmented by product (MPS, DPFD, VF, BC, and Others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA).
- The market is fragmented due to the presence of many established vendors holding significant market share.
- The research report offers information on several market vendors, including A.P. Moller - Maersk AS, C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc., CMA CGM Group, Deutsche Post DHL Group, DSV Panalpina A/S, Kuehne + Nagel International AG, Mediterranean Shipping Co. SA, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines Ltd., Orient Overseas Container Line, and Schenker AG.
Register for a free trial today to access 17,000+ market research reports using Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.