SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Postman, the leading platform for API development, today launched the beta version of public workspaces, a hub that makes it possible for both API producers and consumers to seamlessly communicate and collaborate in real time without team or organizational boundaries for the first time.
Public workspaces add a new level to Postman’s existing workspaces capabilities (which include personal, team, and private workspaces), taking API collaboration far beyond the realm of a single person or team. Much like multiplayer gaming, Postman public workspaces enable a massive community of users to engage with APIs or collections organized by API producers, with the ultimate quest to improve every API and the experience of its consumers.
Postman public workspaces empower users to:
- Communicate and collaborate with the largest API community. The commenting capability in public workspaces allows users to share thoughts and feedback in the right context, while the ‘watch’ feature enables users to receive updates on the latest API version and change notifications.
- Provide a unified developer experience for faster onboarding. With public workspaces, developers from one or more organizations can experience all the API lifecycle elements—schema, mocks, tests, monitors, documentation, and collection—in a single workspace. Everything is available in the public workspace, eliminating the need to review, import, and set up static documentation.
- Reach audiences quickly with simple access provisioning. All API consumers in a public workspace are initially provisioned with view-only access as a guest user, and can’t make changes without the publisher’s permission. Business and enterprise users receive a ‘community manager’ role to manage their public presence, with full control over which workspaces are shared widely on the public API network.
- Manage and build a professional presence in the API community with public profiles. A public profile—which needs to be switched on to create a public workspace—is a user’s or team’s official presence on Postman, allowing others in the community to find out more about them and discover their API-related work and projects.
“API production and consumption is a fundamentally collaborative, multiplayer-style activity,” said Abhinav Asthana, co-founder and CEO of Postman. “Postman’s personal, team, and private workspaces have been providing collaborative capabilities within teams and organizations, but now public workspaces will open this concept to the entire world, cutting across team and organizational boundaries for the first time to provide a massively multiplayer API experience.”
Postman serves more than 13 million users worldwide and handles more than a billion API calls each month. The beta version of public workspaces is available to everyone today, with general availability coming in early 2021.
- Read Postman’s blog for more details
- Browse the official Postman public workspace
- Check back often for new public workspaces on the Postman API Network
- Join the live webinar on Wednesday, December 2 at 5:00 p.m. (UTC)
- Register for a free ticket to Postman Galaxy, the global, virtual API conference taking place February 2-4, 2021
Postman is the leading collaboration platform for API development, used by more than 13 million developers and 500,000 companies worldwide. Postman is an elegant, flexible platform that is used to build connected software via APIs—quickly, easily, and accurately. Postman is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where the company was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Insight Partners, Nexus Venture Partners, and CRV. Learn more at http://www.postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.