ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BryteBridge (formerly CharityNet USA), a leading provider of nonprofit services that focuses on nonprofit start up, growth and compliance, released a new report today that sheds light on the challenges new nonprofits face and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on emerging nonprofits.
BryteBridge’s inaugural report, The Essential Work of Emerging Nonprofits, surveyed 250 nonprofit leaders across the country. It is the first in a planned annual series of in-depth analyses that pinpoint challenges and solutions for sustainability in the nonprofit sector. Survey results revealed four core challenges new nonprofits face: compliance, staffing, financial health, and fundraising.
“Nonprofits and the services they provide are critical to a thriving society,” said Brian Davis, President of BryteBridge. “By shedding light on common challenges new nonprofits face, this report can help them overcome obstacles so they can better serve their constituents.”
Key insights from the report on the pandemic’s impact include:
- 79% of nonprofits report that they suffered from a decrease in revenue attributed to the pandemic. 38% said that these revenue reductions were 50% or greater
- Only 25% of nonprofits said they had enough cash flow to comfortably cover expenses without any adjustments to spending
- Nearly 60% of nonprofits had to implement furloughs to survive the pandemic
Key insights from the report on core concerns of new nonprofits include:
- The top two challenges nonprofits under five years old face are compliance concerns and fundraising
- Fundraising is the predominant concern going forward for 37% of nonprofits
- Securing 501(c)(3) status and planning fundraising programs are significant first year priorities
- 73% of organizations need help with volunteer management in their first year
For interviews or more information on BryteBridge, this report and the data, contact Emily Cooper (email@example.com).
BryteBridge, formerly CharityNet USA, is a leading provider of nonprofit creation and development services. Founded in 2004, BryteBridge provides three core pillars of support to help nonprofits survive and thrive: Nonprofit Start Up, Nonprofit Growth, and Compliance. BryteBridge’s start-up solutions help organizations launch successfully so they can focus on their missions. A dedicated team of experts assist budding nonprofits obtain their 501(c)(3) status, incorporate, and build their websites.