SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Virta Health, the first company with a treatment to sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes without medications or surgery, today announced the launch of its inaugural Beyond Telemedicine conference. The three-day, fully-virtual event—taking place Tuesday, September 29 through Thursday, October 1—will convene dozens of industry leaders to examine the promise of virtual care and the steps to realize its true potential.
Featuring a mix of live and pre-recorded sessions from top voices in healthcare, technology, government, and policy, conference speakers include:
- David Shulkin: Ninth Secretary of the US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Francine Kaufman: Former President of the American Diabetes Association
- Don Berwick: Former Administrator of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- Robin Glass: President, Doctor on Demand
- David Brailer: Chairman of Health Evolution, former US National Coordinator, Health Information Technology
- Emily Barson: Executive Director of United States of Care
- Eric Hargan: Deputy Secretary of the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Aashima Gupta: Director of Global Healthcare Solutions, Google Cloud
- Mark Smith: Founder and former CEO of California Healthcare Foundation
- Laurie Zephyrin: VP of Delivery System Reform, Commonwealth Fund
- Andrew Diamond: Chief Medical Officer of One Medical
Recent discussion around telehealth has focused primarily on its utility within today’s fee-for-service system based on episodic care, while largely ignoring the potential of virtual care to introduce transformational improvements throughout our healthcare system.
“Even with drastically increased adoption and investment in telemedicine, we are still early in its trajectory,” said Sami Inkinen, CEO & co-founder of Virta Health. “We created the Beyond Telemedicine conference to bring together the brightest minds to discuss what’s next for virtual care, and how to seize this moment to create radically better health and economic outcomes for patients.”
The conference is organized into five tracks that highlight the most critical areas of focus for advancing virtual care:
- Telemedicine & COVID-19
- Redefining Chronic Disease Care
- Innovations in Reimbursement & Payment
- How AI & ML Will Transform Telemedicine
- Addressing Health Inequities Through Virtual Care
To learn more about the Beyond Telemedicine conference and register for free, visit beyond.virtahealth.com/
About Virta Health
Virta Health provides the first treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes without medications or surgery. Among enrolled patients in our clinical trial at one year, 60% achieved diabetes reversal and 94% of insulin users reduced or eliminated usage altogether. Results extend beyond diabetes reversal to other areas of metabolic and cardiovascular health, with sustained improvements in blood pressure, inflammation, liver function, and BMI. For enterprises, Virta puts 100% of its fees at risk and can reduce medical prescription costs by more than 70% in year 1 alone. Delivered through Virta’s novel continuous remote care platform, the Virta Treatment provides unparalleled medical and behavioral support and is transforming the lives of people living with type 2 diabetes. To learn more, visit www.virtahealth.com or follow us on Twitter @virtahealth.