NEWTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The RMR Group Inc. (Nasdaq: RMR) today published its inaugural Sustainability Report, which summarizes the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives employed by RMR and its client companies, including Diversified Healthcare Trust (Nasdaq: DHC), Service Properties Trust (Nasdaq: SVC), Office Properties Income Trust (Nasdaq: OPI) and Industrial Logistics Properties Trust (Nasdaq: ILPT). The report details its ESG program and highlights ESG successes and performance targets.
Adam Portnoy, President and Chief Executive Officer of RMR and Chair of the REIT boards, made the following statement:
“Sustainability initiatives -- minimizing our impact on the environment, embracing the communities where we operate and attracting top professionals -- have been integral practices at RMR and our client companies for many years. This inaugural Sustainability Report articulates several of these practices, signifies our commitment to sustainability and underscores our significant ESG progress. Given the magnitude of our nationwide operations, we believe sustainability must be a strategic focus alongside economic performance across RMR and our client companies.”
In recent years, RMR and its client companies have demonstrated sustainability leadership with a growing number of accolades from government, real estate industry and media organizations. The most notable accomplishments over the past year, summarized in the 2019 Sustainability Report, include the following:
- RMR was named a 2020 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Client company OPI was also honored by ENERGY STAR® as a 2020 Sustained Excellence Partner of the Year.
- RMR’s managed portfolio includes 47 buildings that were designated by the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) as BOMA 360 properties, 47 buildings that are ENERGY STAR® Certified and 31 buildings that hold LEED certifications.
- RMR was designated by 2020 Women on Boards as a “Winning” company, the best ranking given by the organization. Additionally, RMR client companies DHC, SVC, OPI and ILPT have also been similarly recognized by 2020 Women on Boards.
- RMR received the 2019 Real Estate Management Excellence Award for Employee Leadership and Development from the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM).
- During RMR’s 2019 Community Service Day, over 480 employees volunteered 1,295 hours to support 35 organizations nationwide.
- RMR was ranked 75th on Fortune Magazine’s list of Fastest Growing Companies of 2019.
RMR is responsible for providing all aspects of management services and strategy for more than 1,300 properties with over 93 million square feet of commercial office, industrial, medical office, life science and retail space.
About The RMR Group Inc.
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate operating companies. As of March 31, 2020, The RMR Group LLC had $32.0 billion of total assets under management, including over 2,100 properties, and employed over 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States; and the companies managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had nearly 50,000 employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts.