DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Oncology Drugs Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global oncology drugs market is expected to decline from $84.4 billion in 2019 to $75.5 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -10.6%. The decline is mainly due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the measures to contain it.
This report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider oncology drugs market, and compares it with other markets.
Hospitals across the world have postponed the chemo treatments for cancer patients due to COVID positive cases in the hospitals. The sessions are delayed or postponed to prevent patients and staff from unnecessary exposure. The cancer treatment can lower the patient's ability to fight infection. COVID-19 pandemic is affecting industries across the globe including the pharmaceutical sector. The disruptions due to extended factory closures in various countries, shortage of APIs and other chemicals, rise in prices of key ingredients, and slowed production are the key factors for this decline. The market is then expected to recover and grow at a CAGR of 8% from 2021 and reach $113.7 billion in 2023.
North America was the largest region in the global oncology drugs market, accounting for 35% of the market in 2019. Asia Pacific was the second largest region accounting for 34% of the global oncology drugs market. Africa was the smallest region in the global oncology drugs market.
Companies are increasingly using cancer biomarkers in the drug development process. Cancer biomarkers are molecules secreted by a tumor or a specific response of the body to the presence of cancer. Identifying and targeting these can enhance cancer detection and facilitate high-speed noninvasive diagnosis using genomics and proteomics tools. It can also help predict the drug efficacy faster than conventional clinical endpoints, the point at which an undesired or abnormal effect of the drug is observed indicating withdrawal from therapy.
Companies in this market are investing in the development of biomarkers for use in various activities such as tracking drug activity, the pharmacodynamics of drugs and to study diseases and treatment pathways. For instance, Nektar Therapeutics is developing and using biomarkers in drug development processes of its pipeline drugs NKTR-214 and NKTR-181. Janssen's research & development is also focusing on identifying predictive markers or stratification markers to help target the new therapies.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The oncology drugs market section of the report gives context. It compares the oncology drugs market with other segments of the pharmaceutical drugs market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, oncology drugs indicators comparison.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Oncology Drugs Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Oncology Drugs Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Oncology Drugs Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Oncology Drugs Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Oncology Drugs Market Trends And Strategies
8. Oncology Drugs Market Size And Growth
8.1. Market Size
8.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.2.2. Restraints On The Market
8.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.3.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.3.2. Restraints On The Market
9. Oncology Drugs Market Regional Analysis
9.1. Global Oncology Drugs Market, 2019, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
9.2. Global Oncology Drugs Market, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Historic And Forecast, By Region
9.3. Global Oncology Drugs Market, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
10. Oncology Drugs Market Segmentation
10.1. Global Oncology Drugs Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Thyroid Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Others (Kaposi Sarcoma, AIDS-Related Lymphoma, Anal Cancer, Bone Cancer, Retinoblastoma, Testicular Cancer, Hepatocellular (Liver) Cancer, Mouth Cancer, Neuroblastoma)
10.2. Global Oncology Drugs Market, Segmentation By Distribution Channel, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies/ Drug Stores
10.3. Global Oncology Drugs Market, Segmentation By Route Of Administration, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
10.4. Global Oncology Drugs Market, Segmentation By Drug Classification, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Branded Drugs
- Generic Drugs
10.5. Global Oncology Drugs Market, Segmentation By Mode Of Purchase, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Prescription-Based Drugs
- Over-The-Counter Drugs
11. Oncology Drugs Market Metrics
11.1. Oncology Drugs Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, 2015-2023, Global
11.2. Per Capita Average Oncology Drugs Market Expenditure, 2015-2023, Global
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Takeda Pharmaceticals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s32xm0