The Indonesia Total Hospital & Medical Installed Base Mapping report was updated in 2020 and includes over 2,764 hospitals from the country with their health infrastructure detailed out.
With Less than 5% of the Total Beds in the Country Equipped to Provide Intensive Care Services, Indonesia's Developmental Policies may Aid Medical Equipment Manufacturers
Indonesia has been striving to contain the dual impact caused by COVID-19 on public health as well as its economy. Amidst rapidly weakening of Rupiah against US dollar, the country has been among the worst-hit in South-East Asia. In addition to its existing challenges around providing equitable access to healthcare, hospitals in few provinces are expected to be inundated with critical COVID-19 cases. Provinces such as DKI Jakarta, West Java, East Java, Banten, Central Java and South Sulawesi have been bearing the brunt of the highest number of COVID-19 cases.
However, these six provinces have only about 4,500 ICU beds - representing about 53% of the total ICU beds in the country. The number of ventilators in Indonesia are considered to be insufficient and their distribution remains disparate. However, despite the challenges in logistics and supply chain caused due to COVID-19 crisis, Indonesia has been looking to procure additional ventilators and boost local production of portable ventilators to fulfil the increasing demand.
As of 2019, about 2,764 hospitals were functioning in Indonesia. Around 70 of them were equipped to provide tertiary care services. Indonesia is expected to focus on improving tertiary care services, to bridge this gap in the immediate term while improving distribution of healthcare services. With the Universal Health Coverage Policy now committing to serve 80% of the population, load distribution will be a factor that will need continuous attention. For the aforementioned reasons, the country's bold $400BN total infrastructure development plan for 2020-2024 is expected to focus on healthcare as one of the key areas of investment.
According to the HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Indonesia, the largest opportunity in the immediate term is likely to be around infrastructure build-up necessary for expanding tertiary care services. This may include growth in anaesthesia machines, ventilators, operating rooms, CT and MRI scanners. As of 2019, penetration of advanced imaging modalities like MRI and CT was less than 30-40% in the 70 tertiary care hospitals. The data in the report also shows that there are approximately 150 Cath Labs, 750 CT scanners and a much lower installed base of MRI scanners between the country's 2,764 hospitals. Both the public sector hospitals and the private health sector could potentially focus on bolstering the above-installed base in the next 3-4 years.
In terms of intensive care services, there are close to 8,000 total ICU beds in the country - estimated to be lower than 5% of the total inpatient beds - another area that could witness improved efforts and investments, especially from the public sector. Procurement in terms of patient monitoring systems, ventilators and hospital information technologies to improve intensive care services is expected to be a key investment area for the country in the next five years.
The dataset provides account-level directional detail on total beds, ICU beds, ORs, ventilators, incubators, etc., along with Anaesthesia Machines, C-Arms, Cath Labs, PET, Nuclear, SPECT, CT, MRI scanners, Ultrasound and X-Ray machines, making it the only source of hospital-level intelligence for medical equipment installed base in Indonesia. This dataset is a valuable tool for any organization that is in the process of optimizing sales targets, estimating market potential or building an account management plan in Indonesia.
The report is a craftily designed dataset that provides a graphical summary of the health infrastructure in the country apart from an account-level view of resources, directional information on medical device installed base, hospital demographic and care services. The report commits itself as a tool to understand, visualize, and identify opportunity pockets at the hospital-level for medical devices manufacturers, and digital healthcare companies.
1. Visualize and Map the Total Installed Base of the Country by Hospital
- Monitoring & Access: ECG Machines, Holter monitors, Patient monitors, Ventilators, Anaesthesia machines, Stress Testing Machines
- Surgical: C-Arms
- Cardio: Echo, Cath Labs
- Diagnostic Imaging: PET-CT, SPECT, CT Scanners, MRI Scanners, Ultrasound, X-Ray Machines, Mammography machines
- Infant Care: Incubators, Radiant Warmers, Fetal monitors, Phototherapy Units, Infant Ventilators
2. Generate Targeted Leads Based on Current Care Area Focus of a Hospital
- 12 care areas tracked for each hospital
- General Medicine, Gyn/Obs, Neurology, Internal Medicine, ER/Trauma, Pulmonology, GI, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Ortho and Nuclear Medicine included in the report
3. Visualize the Current Health Resource Status of a Hospital
- Total number of doctors by hospital
- Total number of Radiologists by hospital
- Total number of Cardiologists by hospital
- Total number of internal medicine physicians by hospital
- Surgeons, neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons by hospital
4. Comprehend Medical Services Potential Using Bed and Operating Rooms Data
- Total bed size of a hospital
- Number of ICU beds by hospital
- Number of NICU, PICU beds by hospital
- Number of Major and Minor Operating Rooms available per hospital
- Total number of outpatient visits per hospital where available
- Total number of inpatient visits per hospital where available
5. Understand and Identify Types of Hospitals
- Hospitals by ownership type - public and private, corporate and missionary
- Assess and differentiate based on size of hospital - Class A, Class B, Class C, Class D and Non-class hospital
- Chart and map based on level of care - Primary, secondary and tertiary care
6. Create Opportunity Heat Maps
- 2,764 hospitals in Indonesia listed by city, region, latitude and longitude and Zip Code
- Contact numbers available for 100% of the hospitals
- Website links mentioned for hospital where available
7. Estimate Medical Device Penetration and Potential in the Country
- Draeger Medical
- GE Healthcare
- Allengers Medical System
- Siemens Healthineers
- Toshiba (Canon Medical Systems)
- Philips Healthcare
- Esaote S.p.A.
- Euro Columbus
- Hitachi Medical Systems
- Time Medical Systems
- Hologic Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/48vqbk