NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Muck Rack today launched the Public Relations Management (PRM) platform to help PR teams collaborate remotely, centralize activities, gather insights, build better relationships with journalists and measure success.
Muck Rack’s State of PR survey found that 83% of teams still rely on spreadsheets to manage their media relationships. In practice, the average PR team's workflow is scattered across static spreadsheets, documents, post-it notes and a mix of legacy point solutions.
Muck Rack’s PRM streamlines the daily workflow of PR teams, making it possible for them to manage relationships with journalists without stepping on each other’s toes, work from media lists that never go stale, send and optimize pitches and showcase success without having to navigate complicated reporting tools.
“With more companies putting permanent remote-work policies in place, PR teams that were once reliant on being in the same room to communicate now need technology and processes that enable transparency and autonomy, even during a pandemic,” says Muck Rack CEO Greg Galant. “Shouting to the next cubicle to figure out who your colleague pitched is no longer an option.”
New features enable PR teams to:
- Work from a unified platform with access to Muck Rack’s media database, monitoring, analytics and collaboration tools built for PR teams.
- Understand team relationship history and activity by tracking notes, outreach and relationship history on media profiles and through your organization’s Activity feed.
- Centralize important information by adding and storing custom data across the platform, including notes, contact info and contact preferences.
- Efficiently send and schedule personalized pitches from within Muck Rack by customizing email content for each person, tracking who engaged and managing follow-ups.
- Get a complete view of email activity across a team with the ability to BCC emails into Muck Rack and integrations with Gmail and Outlook.
- Collaborate with teammates from anywhere in the world with shared media lists and reports, saved searches, team alerts and internal newsletters.
"Data is like coffee. It has to be fresh to be good." says Muck Rack CEO Greg Galant. "PR pros shouldn't have to question if they’re looking at the right version of a media list, if the email they're sending to is going to go through, or if the analytics team is analyzing the right set of articles."
Rather than adding new functionality through bolt-on acquisitions like legacy PR solutions, Muck Rack has grown organically over the past 10 years with the support of thousands of customers and a laser-focus on helping both PR professionals and journalists work more effectively.
Muck Rack’s PRM is available to all customers at no extra cost. Those interested in a demo of the new features can get in touch here.
About Muck Rack
Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news and quantify their impact. Thousands of organizations, including Taco Bell, Pfizer, Golin, International Committee of the Red Cross, The Carter Center, Kauffman Foundation, and Penguin Random House, use Muck Rack to take their communications to the next level.
Muck Rack is also the solution of choice for journalists, who use Muck Rack’s free, automatically updated portfolios to showcase their work and to provide information about what stories they’re looking for.