DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Asia-Pacific Polyurethane (PU) Hot-melt Adhesives Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Asia-Pacific polyurethane hot-melt adhesives market is estimated to witness significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 9%, over the forecast period. Increasing demand from the packaging industry in the region and increasing usage of PUR holt-melt adhesives as a substitute for solvent-borne adhesives are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Packaging Industry
- Polyurethane hot melts are increasingly used in the production of automotive interior panels. In addition, PU hot-melt adhesives can be used during the manufacturing of car seats, for fixing cables in the roof liner, to bond door sill protectors, and other plastic parts. They can also be used to bond emblems, as well as anchor plates onto gear knobs.
- A wide variety of different assembly bonds are required. Retainer bonding, the bonding of the steel frames of the sunroofs, window tracks etc. Different materials, such as, plastics, metals, lacquers, textiles, and wood- based materials can be bonded securely. The quick cooling of the applied adhesive allows short set times, and the subsequent chemical crosslinking with the aid of moisture, guarantees high temperature, and climate resistance. Even at low temperatures, these hot melts prove to be flexible and tend not to brittle. The adhesive bead cuts off cleanly without stringing, therefore avoiding contamination of the decor area, when the hot melt is applied robotically.
- These adhesive systems are also more frequently used for lamination applications. The adhesive can be applied economically with new application technology. When using holt-melt adhesives, the 100% solids are being applied, as compared to the use of dispersion adhesives. Complex and cost-intensive drying processes of the adhesive film can be avoided.
- Hot-melt PUR are used in road atlases on the back shelf of a car, as they can withstand extreme temperatures.
- The aforementioned factors have been boosting the demand for polyurethane hot-melt adhesives in recent times.
China to Dominate the Market
- China is one of the fastest-growing economies, globally, and almost all the end-user industries have been growing, owing to the rising population, living standards, and per capita income. However, owing to the international trade turbulences and unfavorable geopolitical affairs, the growth rate is expected to slow down during the initial years of the forecast period.
- China has the second-largest packaging industry in the world. The country is expected to witness a consistent growth during the forecast period, owing to the rise of customized packaging and increased demand for packaged consumerist goods in the food segment, like microwave food, snack foods, and frozen foods.
The Asia-Pacific polyurethane (PU) hot-melt adhesives market is partially consolidated in nature. Key players in the market include 3M, Arkema Group, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, and Sika AG, among others.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Packaging and Electronics Industries
4.1.2 Increasing Usage of PUR holt-melt adhesives as a Substitute for Solvent-borne Adhesives
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Global Economy
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.3 BASF SE
6.4.4 Delo Industrial Adhesives
6.4.5 DIC CORPORATION
6.4.7 Franklin International
6.4.8 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.9 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.10 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.11 Jowat SE
6.4.12 Klebchemie M. G. Becker GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.13 Mapei SpA
6.4.14 Master Bond Inc.
6.4.15 Parker Hannifin Corp
6.4.16 Pidilite Industries Ltd
6.4.17 Sika AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Adoption of Bio-Based Hot-melt Adhesives
7.2 Innovative Product Development to Gain Competitive Edge
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jxh7lk
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.