DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Point-of-Sale Terminals Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Fixed, Mobile), by Component, by Deployment (Cloud, On-Premise), by Application, and Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global POS terminal market size is expected to reach USD 125.9 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period according to this report. Rising demand for Customer Relationship Management (CRM), reporting, payment processing features along with understanding customer purchase patterns is anticipated to drive the growth. Furthermore, the decline in the trend of carrying cash for shopping coupled with growing digitalization in the payment industry is anticipated to boost the adoption of point-of-sale terminals.
Large businesses are using POS systems to gain consumer insights, which are then applied to develop discount schemes and personalized marketing. This helps attract more customers and boost sales. Small and medium businesses have also realized the benefit of deploying these systems on their premises. Industries such as retail, hospitality, and restaurants are the highest adopters of POS systems for everyday transactions at their facilities.
The market for fixed POS terminal has been affected by the introduction of mobile POS systems. The mobile segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period and is projected to reach over USD 68.3 billion by 2027. The demand for mobile POS terminal is rising rapidly in developed countries owing to its user-friendly, cost-effective, and convenience features. Moreover, they allow omnichannel assistance for scenarios, such as Buy Online, Pick-up in Store (BOPIS), online purchase, and home deliveries from the store, which is expected to boost market growth over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global POS terminal market accounted for USD 69.0 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2020 to 2027
- Mobile product segment was valued at USD 25.1 million in 2019 and is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR of 12.8% from 2020 to 2027
- Healthcare segment will witness the fastest CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Rising demand in retail stores in China, India, and Japan is one of the key factors driving the growth. Moreover, booming fine dining and other forms of restaurants in food service sector in major cities is anticipated to further fuel the growth
- Key market players include Ingenico Group, NCR Corporation, VeriFone Systems Inc., PAX Technology Corp., Fujian Newland Payment Technology Co. Ltd., Revel System Inc., Oracle Corporation, and ShopKeep
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1. Market Outlook
2.2. Segment Outlook
Chapter 3 Market Definitions
3.1 Market Segmentation
Chapter 4 Industry Outlook
4.1 Market Snapshot
4.2 Global POS Terminal market
4.3 Product Segment Trends
4.4 Component Segment Trends
4.5 Deployment Segment Trends
4.6 Application Trends
4.7 Regional Segment Trends
4.8 Market Variable Analysis
4.9 Value Chain Analysis
4.10 Vendor landscape
4.11 Technology Overview
4.12 POS Terminal Market: PEST Analysis
4.13 POS Terminal Market: Porters Analysis
4.14 Penetration & Growth Prospects Mapping
4.15 Major Deals & Strategic Alliances Analysis
4.16 POS Terminal: Competitive analysis
Chapter 5 POS Terminal Market: Product Segment Analysis
5.1 Fixed POS Terminal
5.2 Mobile POS terminal
5.3 Product By Application
Chapter 6 POS Terminal Market: Component Segment Analysis
Chapter 7 POS Terminal Market: Deployment Segment Analysis
7.1 On Premise
Chapter 8 POS Terminal Market: Application Analysis
Chapter 9 POS Terminal Market: Regional Outlook
9.1 North America
9.3 Asia Pacific
9.4 Latin America
9.5 Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Centerm Information Co., LTD.
- Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated
- Hewlett-Packard Inc.
- Ingenico Group
- NCR Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Newland Payment Technology
- Oracle Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- PAX Technology Corp.
- Posiflex Technology, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
- VeriFone Systems Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/27wrxr
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.