DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Latin America Online Payment Methods 2020 & COVID-19's Impact " report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, online purchase transactions have been on the rise in countries including Brazil and Mexico, according to information included in the report. In Chile, online card payments for goods and services more than doubled at the end of March 2020 compared to the same period in 2019. However, as the travel sector and in-store purchases are negatively affected by the pandemic, the global trend is that total payments revenues would decline in 2020, but return to growth in 2021.
Cards Outpace Alternative Means in Latin America's Online Retail
The bank card was the leading E-Commerce payment method in Latin America. It outranked alternative payment means such as cash on delivery, in-store payments and bank transfers in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and other countries covered in the report. Digital payment solutions are also gaining traction. For example, payment transactions processed by Mercado Pago surged by more than +50% in 2019, with more than half of this volume processed outside of the E-Commerce marketplace operated by Mercado Libre.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global Developments
- COVID-19 Impact on Online & Mobile Payment, April 2020
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Payments Revenues, incl. Payments Revenues in 2019, Pre-COVID-19 Forecast, and Payments Revenues Forecast Under The Impact of COVID-19, in USD billion, 2020
- Online & Mobile Payment Platform Revenues, in USD billion, 2019e & 2024f
- Mobile & Online Remote Payment Value, in USD billion, by Selected Regions, 2024f
- Mobile & Online Remote Payment Value, in USD billion, by Digital and Physical Goods, 2024f
- Payment Methods Preferred in E-Commerce, in % of Online Shoppers, by Selected Regions, January 2019
- Share of Online Shoppers Who Had Abandoned a Shopping Cart Due to Their Preferred Payment Method Not Being Offered, in %, January 2019
- Share of Mobile Shoppers Who Had Abandoned a Shopping Cart Due to Their Preferred Payment Method Not Being Offered, in %, August 2019
- Online Payment Fraud Losses, in USD million, by Segment, 2023f
- Online Payment Fraud Prevention Software Spending, in USD billion, 2020f & 2024f
- Number of Digital Wallet Users, in billions, 2019e & 2024f
- Breakdown of Digital Wallets by Provider's Main Industry, in %, 2019
- Proximity Mobile Payment Users, in billions, and Penetration, in % of Smartphone Users, 2018 - 2023f
- Proximity Mobile Payment User Penetration, in % of Smartphone Users, by Selected Countries, 2019e
- Value of Mobile Payment Transactions Authenticated via Biometrics, in USD billion, 2019e & 2024f
3. Latin America
3.8. Dominican Republic
- Alphabet Inc
- Mercadolibre Inc
- Pagseguro Digital Ltd
- PayPal Holdings Inc
- Samsung Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9h3lky