MERRILL, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Recognizing the financial strain caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., (a stock insurer)1 has announced it will provide financial relief to its customers.
Effective for policies in force as of May 1, 2020, Church Mutual will issue dividend checks to all commercial auto policyholders equal to 15% on two months of premiums. Policyholders do not need to take action to receive the dividend payments, which will be issued automatically.
“We serve customers who are vital to the health and stability of this nation, including houses of worship, schools, senior living communities, camps and human service organizations,” said Rich Poirier, president and CEO of Church Mutual. “We know they are struggling to fulfill their missions and serve their members and communities right now. This is an important way we can help.”
1Church Mutual is a stock insurer whose policyholders are members of the parent mutual holding company formed on 1/1/2020. S.I. = a stock insurer.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities, senior living facilities, camps and conference centers, and nonprofit and human services organizations throughout the United States. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating
- BenchmarkPortal Top 10 National Customer Service Center
- Wisconsin 75 Top Private Company by Deloitte US, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Wisconsin 75 Distinguished Performer: Innovation by Deloitte US 2019
- Futuremakers Partner by Wisconsin Technical College System
- Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
- Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- 2018-2019 Employer of the Year by Northcentral Technical College