DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Rail Freight Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider rail freight market, and compares it with other markets.
The global rail freight market is expected to decline from $97.3 billion in 2019 to $94.9 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -2.5%. The decline is mainly due to economic slowdown across countries owing to the COVID-19 outbreak and the measures to contain it. The market is then expected to recover and grow at a CAGR of 7% from 2021 and reach $114.3 billion in 2023.
Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the global rail freight market, accounting for 30% of the market in 2019. North America was the second largest region accounting for 26% of the global rail freight market. Middle East was the smallest region in the global rail freight market.
Tracking and tracing systems of rail freight using GPS and GSM helps the transportation organizations to overcome the rail freight transportation drawbacks such as lost and theft. It provides full-fledged security and monetarization of freights and more effective and efficient freight transportation over short distances for smaller loads. ViWaS project equipped with smart telematics systems in Europe has introduced tracking technology in rail freight.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the Covid 19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of Covid 19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The rail freight market section of the report gives context. It compares the rail freight market with other segments of the rail transportation market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, rail freight indicators comparison.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Rail Freight Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Rail Freight Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/ Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Rail Freight Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Rail Freight Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Rail Freight Market Trends And Strategies
8. Rail Freight Market Size And Growth
8.1. Market Size
8.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.2.2. Restraints On The Market
8.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.3.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.3.2. Restraints On The Market
9. Rail Freight Market Regional Analysis
9.1. Global Rail Freight Market, 2019, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
9.2. Global Rail Freight Market, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Historic And Forecast, By Region
9.3. Global Rail Freight Market, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
10. Rail Freight Market Segmentation
10.1. Global Rail Freight Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Tank Wagons
- Freight Cars
10.2. Global Rail Freight Market, Segmentation By Destination, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
10.3. Global Rail Freight Market, Segmentation By Application, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Oil and Gas
- Mining Industry
- Logistic Industry
- Post Service
10.4. Global Rail Freight Market, Segmentation By Freight Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
11. Rail Freight Market Metrics
11.1. Rail Freight Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, 2015-2023, Global
11.2. Per Capita Average Rail Freight Market Expenditure, 2015-2023, Global
- CN Railway
- SBB Cargo
- DB Schenker
- Deutsche Bahn AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/v5h6jb