DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Irrigation Automation Market by System (Automatic, Semi-automatic), Irrigation Type (Sprinkler, Drip, Surface), Automation Type, Component, End-Use (Agricultural, Non-agricultural), and Region - Global Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global irrigation automation market size is estimated to account for a value of USD 2.8 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 18.5% from 2020 to reach a value of USD 6.7 billion by 2025.
The demand for irrigation automation is increasing due to the shifting trend towards mechanization of agricultural processes and increased instances of water scarcity globally. The cost factor is one of the key factors that hamper its adoption among small land-holding farmers in the Asia-pacific region.
The automatic segment, by the system, is projected to be the fastest-growing segment in the irrigation automation market during the forecast period
The less availability of labor and continuous change of weather patterns are some of the major factors for the adoption of fully automatic irrigation systems. Farmers rely on fully automatic systems and change the irrigation pattern on the basis of real-time weather. Even for residential watering, owners are adopting fully automatic irrigation systems to control the watering remotely.
By irrigation type, the drip irrigation segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment in the irrigation automation market during the forecast period
Across regions, the most common type of irrigation systems to be used is drip irrigation systems, except in some parts of Asia Pacific like Japan and China where high water demanding crops like rice is sown. The life span for drip irrigation systems is almost ten years which makes it a durable system for watering the crops. Also, drip irrigation systems do not account for water wastage in terms of evaporation and field run-off, therefore, it is considered as the most efficient means of irrigation.
By automation type, the time-based automation system is projected to dominate the irrigation automation market during the forecast period
One of the major advantages associated with the adoption of a time-based system is that farmers can reduce the labor cost associated with the irrigation process. Conventional irrigation systems made use of manual labor and a high amount of fuel at unequal intervals of time, which led to crop losses; hence, time-based irrigation automation systems are a convenient option.
- Increased Mechanization and Adoption of Smart Technologies for Agricultural Activities
- Government Initiatives to Promote Water Conservation to Drive the Market Growth for Irrigation Automation
- Awareness Among Farmers About the Benefits of Automated Irrigation Technologies
- High Costs Associated with the Installation and the Lack of Technical Knowledge Among Users
- Data Management and Data Aggregation in Irrigation Automation Systems
- Increasing Adoption of Modern Techniques for Irrigation in Developing Countries
- The Presence of Large Farms Across the Globe Presents Opportunities for Automated Irrigation
- Lack of Good Infrastructure for the Efficient Functioning of Irrigation Automation Systems
- Implementation of Automated Irrigation in Fragmented Land Holdings
- Lindsay Corporation
- Valmont Industries Inc.
- The Toro Company
- Jain Irrigation Systems
- Hunter Industries
- Rain Bird
- Hydropoint Data Systems
- Nelson Irrigation
- Rubicon Water
- Irritec S.P.a
- Mottech Water Solutions Ltd.
- Waterbit Inc.
- Ranch Systems
- Avanijal Agri Automation Pvt Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mauda4