DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Zambia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Zambia has focused on developing ICTs to spur growth in the digital economy. As part of the Smart Zambia initiative, investment has been made in data centres, a computer assembly plant, ICT training centres and a Smart Education program. These efforts have been combined with the extension of broadband access and improved connectivity to international submarine cables. In turn, this has resulted in a considerable reduction in fixed-line and mobile access pricing for end-users.
The government's Universal Access Fund has made measurable progress in delivering telecom services to underserved areas, particularly in its funding the GRZ Communication Tower project which will see 1,010 towers installed by the end of 2020.
Separately, mobile network operators continue to invest in 3G and LTE-based services, while the government also contracted Huawei to upgrade the state-owned mobile infrastructure for 5G services.
Fixed-line broadband services remain underdeveloped, though MTN Zambia has initiated an FttP program, initially in Lusaka.
- Vodacom Group has its local operating license revoked;
- Biometric SIM card registration scheme approaches deadline;
- Zamtel's rural tower project nears completion;
- Huawei contracted to upgrade state-owned mobile tower network for 5G;
- MTN Zambia announces FttP rollout plans via its Connected Home' initiative, launches micro lending service Kongola;
- Government adopts new converged licensing regime;
- National Data Centre opens as part of the government's Smart Zambia project;
- Report update includes the regulator's market updates to December 2019, operator data to Q4 2019, Telecom Maturity Index charts and analyses, recent market developments.
Companies mentioned in this report: Zambia Telecommunications (Zamtel, LAP Green); MTN Zambia; Bharti Airtel; Cell Z (Zamtel); ZamNet; Coppernet Solutions; UUNet Zambia; Microlink Technologies; AfriConnect; Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation (ZESCO); Copperbelt Energy Corporation (CEC); Comium.
Key Topics Covered
1 Key statistics
2 Regional Market Comparison
2.1 TMI vs GDP
2.2 Mobile and mobile broadband
2.3 Fixed and mobile broadband
3 Country overview
4 Telecommunications market
4.1 Market analysis
5 Regulatory environment
5.1 Regulatory authority
5.2 Fixed-line developments
5.3 Mobile network developments
6 Mobile market
6.1 Market analysis
6.2 Mobile statistics
6.3 Mobile data
6.4 Mobile broadband
6.5 Mobile infrastructure
6.6 Major mobile operators
6.7 Mobile content and applications
7 Fixed-line broadband market
7.1 Introduction and statistical overview
7.2 Fixed-line broadband technologies
8 Fixed network operators
9 Telecommunications infrastructure
9.2 Liquid Telecom Zambia
9.3 National backbone networks
9.4 Data centres
9.5 International infrastructure
10 Digital economy
11 ICTs and the digital divide
12 Appendix Historic data
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nszv73