DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Antihypertensive Drugs Market by Therapeutic Class and Distribution Channel: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global antihypertensive market accounted for $22,557 million in 2018, and is expected to reach $28,797 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.1% from 2019 to 2026.
Antihypertensive drugs are employed for the treatment of patients suffering from hypertension. Hypertension is a medical condition, which involves rise in blood pressure in the arteries. Furthermore, the patient suffering from hypertension is highly susceptible to other complications, which include heart failure and aneurysm. Therefore, the treatment of this medical condition requires early diagnosis and management by the use of antihypertensive drugs. Some of the antihypertensive drugs available in the market include beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, and vasodilators. These drugs are prescribed by a physician, and are available in retail stores and hospital pharmacies.
The growth of the global antihypertensive market is driven by a surge in incidence of hypertension across the globe. Furthermore, rise in awareness related to complications associated with hypertension is another major factor that fuels the growth of the market. Moreover, increase in geriatric population and sedentary lifestyle act as key drivers of the global market. However, recent patent expirations hinder the growth of the antihypertensive market. Conversely, a surge in research related to antihypertensive drugs in emerging economies is expected to offer lucrative opportunities during the forecast period.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis along with the current global antihypertensive market trends from 2019 to 2026 to identify the prevailing opportunities along with the strategic assessment.
- The market size and estimations are based on a comprehensive analysis of key developments in the industry.
- A qualitative analysis based on innovative products facilitates strategic business planning.
- The development strategies adopted by the key market players are enlisted to understand the competitive scenario of the market
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Merck KGaA
- Johnson and Johnson
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Daiichi Sankyo Company
- Sanofi S.A.
- Novartis International AG
Key findings of the study:
- Calcium channel blockers occupied one-fourths share of the global antihypertensive drugs market in 2018.
- The ACE inhibitors segment is anticipated to grow with the highest CAGR throughout the forecast period.
- The vasodilators accounted for more than one-fifths share of the market in 2018.
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow at the highest rate during the analysis period, followed by LAMEA.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Market Segments
1.2.1. List of Key Players Profiled In The Report
1.3. Research Methodology
1.3.1. Primary Research
1.3.2. Secondary Research
1.3.3. Analyst Tools And Models
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Key Findings of The Study
2.2. CXO Perspective
3. Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Top Player Positioning
3.2.1. Top Investment Pockets
3.3. Key Forces Shaping Antihypertensive Industry/Market
3.4. Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168. Surge In Geriatric Population Worldwide
22.214.171.124. Surge In Healthcare Expenditure Worldwide
126.96.36.199. Rise In Prevalence of Hypertension Across The Globe
188.8.131.52. Patent Expirations of Blockbuster Drugs
184.108.40.206. High Growth Potential In Developing Economies
3.4.4. Impact Analyses
4. Antihypertensive Drugs Market, By Drug Class
4.1.1. Market Size And Forecast
4.2.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.2.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.2.3. Market Analysis By Country
4.3. Ace Inhibitors
4.3.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.3.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.3.3. Market Analysis By Country
4.4. Calcium Channel Blockers
4.4.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.4.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.4.3. Market Analysis By Country
4.5. Beta-Adrenergic Blockers
4.5.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.5.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.5.3. Market Analysis By Country
4.6.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.6.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.6.3. Market Analysis By Country
4.7.1. Key Market Trends, Growth Factors, And Opportunities
4.7.2. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
4.7.3. Market Analysis By Country
5. Antihypertensive Drugs Market, By End User
5.1.1. Market Size And Forecast
5.2. Retail Pharmacy
5.2.1. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
5.2.2. Market Analysis By Country
5.3. Hospital Pharmacy
5.3.1. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
5.3.2. Market Analysis By Country
5.4. E-Commerce Websites & Online Drug Stores
5.4.1. Market Size And Forecast, By Region
5.4.2. Market Analysis By Country
6. Antihypertensive Drugs Market, By Region
6.2. North America
7. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sc6n7q