NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--General American Investors Company, Inc. (the “Company”), a closed-end investment company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: GAM), today announced that it provided its shareholders with notice of a change in location for its 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders through the filing of additional materials with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Due to public health concerns pertaining to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) and related local, state and federal government regulations and recommendations, the Company’s 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will be held only via the internet in a virtual meeting format to protect the health and wellbeing of its shareholders, directors, and officers. Shareholders will not be able to attend the Annual Meeting in-person. As previously announced, the Annual Meeting will be held on April 22, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Further information regarding this change in location of the Annual Meeting can be found in the proxy materials filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 3, 2020.
To be admitted to the meeting at https://web.lumiagm.com/211376802, shareholders of record (i.e., shareholders registered directly with our transfer agent, American Stock Transfer and Trust Company, LLC) must:
- Click on “I have a login,”
- Enter the 11-digit voting control number found on the proxy card/voting instruction form, and
- Enter the password “gaic2020” (password is case sensitive).
Shareholders that hold their shares beneficially or in “street name” (i.e., through an intermediary, such as a bank, broker or other nominee) must:
- Obtain a legal proxy from your bank, broker or other nominee reflecting the number of shares of the Company you held as of the record date (February 14, 2020) with your name and e-mail address.
Submit a request for registration to American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC:
- (1) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- (2) by facsimile to 718-765-8730; or
- (3) by mail to American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC, Attn: Proxy Tabulation Department, 6201 15th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219.
- Requests for registration must be labeled as “Legal Proxy” and be received by American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on April 14, 2020.
- Upon completing registration, meeting access information will be issued to beneficial shareholders by American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC.
- The proxy card distributed with the proxy materials will not be updated to reflect the change in location and may continue to be used to vote your shares.
Whether or not you plan to virtually attend the Annual Meeting, each shareholder is urged to vote and submit its proxy in advance of the Annual Meeting using one of the methods described in the proxy materials for the Annual Meeting.
The Company was founded in 1927, has been publicly traded since its inception and has been listed on the NYSE since 1930. The objective of the Company is long-term capital appreciation through investment in companies with above average growth potential.