DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Paints & Coatings Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for paints and coatings is expected to register a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period.
The major factors driving the market studied are rapidly increasing housing construction activities in the Asia-Pacific region. The rise in prices of raw materials is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
The global paints and coatings market is moderately consolidated among the global majors and highly fragmented, with numerous regional players of the market. The major companies include The Sherwin-Williams Company, PPG Industries, AkzoNobel, Nippon Paint Holdings Co, and RPM International.
- Architectural coatings dominated the market and the segment is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to the increasing construction activities across the world.
- Growing investments in the infrastructure and construction industry in emerging economies is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Architectural to Dominate the Market
- In terms of revenue, Asia-pacific is expected to witness the highest growth in the demand for paints and coatings for application in the architectural sector during the forecast period.
- Paints and coatings are extensively used in the architectural sector for both exterior and interior applications.
- Modern advances in paint technology, specifically in the acrylic formulations have offered a wide range of weatherproof coatings.
- However, moisture causes problems for paint. Dew, rain, snow and ice on the outside, or vapor and moisture buildup from the inside can cause problems with exterior paint. When moisture penetrates the paint, blisters can form and the paint might peel. Moisture blisters, unlike temperature blisters, go through all coats of paint down to the wood.
- Besides this, paints and coatings are also used in interiors of houses to add colors or decorative purposes, along with a wide range of other functions.
- Furthermore, in Asia-pacific, China is expected to witness the highest growth in the construction activities, followed by India.
- In China, government spending has been increasing in order to construct affordable housing facilities to cater to the housing demand.
- In India, the infrastructure sector has become one of the major focus areas for the government.
- Hence, all such construction activities and favorable government measures are likely to boost the construction activities in the region, which is further projected to boost the demand for architectural paints & coatings.
China to Dominate the Market in Asia-Pacific
- China is globally recognized for its architectural boom. The demand for low-cost housing and commercial housing is the reason for its growth in recent years.
- China's real estate sector has been growing rapidly with increased investment by the government. Recently, property prices in China rose by about 30.0% due to increased activity in the real estate space. The growth in construction is expected to positively affect the paints & coatings market in the country.
- The investments in the transportation sector increased in the near past. In April 2019, the government of China invested around USD 73 billion for constructing key transportation projects, which include railways, highways, waterways, airports, and urban rail. The investment plan would enhance the country's connectivity between the major cities, which helps for the wider economic and social development of the region.
- Furthermore, China accounts for almost 40% of global furniture production. The production is further increased at a rapid rate, owing to the rising domestic demand, coupled with increasing export to European countries.
- The number of packaged cans in China is likely to expand by more 6% in the next few years. Additionally, major beverage-can manufacturer, such as Crown Holdings is likely to expand the beverage can production capacity in the country to meet the rapidly growing demand.
- These factors, in turn, are fueling the demand for paints & coatings in the country.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rapidly Increasing Housing Construction Activities
4.1.2 Increase in Furniture Production
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Environmental Concerns and Regulations
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Resin
5.1.1 Architectural Resins
184.108.40.206 Vinyl Acrylate
220.127.116.11 Pure Acrylic
18.104.22.168 Styrene Acrylic
5.1.2 Other Resins
5.2 By Technology
5.2.3 Powder Coating
5.2.4 UV-cured Coating
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.4 Protective Coating
5.3.5 General Industrial
5.4.2 North America
5.4.4 South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AkzoNobel N.V.
6.4.2 Asian Paints
6.4.3 Axalta Coating Systems
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Beckers Group
6.4.6 Berger Paints India Limited
6.4.7 Brillux GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.10 DAW SE
6.4.14 Kansai Paint Co. Ltd.
6.4.15 Masco Corporation
6.4.16 Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd.
6.4.17 NIPSEA Group
6.4.18 PPG Industries Inc.
6.4.19 RPM International Inc.
6.4.20 Tikkurila OYJ
6.4.21 Teknos Group
6.4.22 The Sherwin-Williams Company
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Investments in the Infrastructure and Construction Industry in Emerging Economies
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dtlshq