DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech 2014- 2020" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how, why and on what terms companies enter discovery stage partnering deals. These deals are discovery stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors product or technology. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner's negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of all discovery stage partnering deals announced since 2014 including financial terms where available including over 2,500 links to online deal records of actual discovery partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner's flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party's ability to derive value from the deal.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in discovery stage partnering and deal making since 2014.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix of all discovery deals since 2014 is provided organized by partnering company A-Z, deal type, therapy focus and technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of discovery stage products and compounds.
The report includes:
- Trends in discovery stage dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2014
- Analysis of discovery stage deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life discovery stage deals
- Access to over 2,500 discovery stage deals
- The leading discovery stage deals by value since 2014
- Most active discovery stage dealmakers since 2014
- The leading discovery stage partnering 2014
The available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal type
- Specific therapy target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 2,500 discovery stage deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Some of the companies mentioned include:
- 1ST Biotherapeutics
- 4D Molecular Therapeutics
- A.I. Squared
- A1M Pharma
- A2A Pharmaceuticals
- AiVita Biomedical
- Antibody Solutions
- Apeiron Biologics
- Arisaph Pharmaceuticals
- Arix Bioscience
- Ark Biosciences
- Courtagen Life Sciences
- NGM Biopharmaceuticals
- NXT Biomedical
- Obsidian Therapeutics
- Omdana Therapeutics
- Omthera Pharmaceuticals
- Oxygen Healthcare
- OZ Biosciences
- Padlock Therapeutics
- Paidion Research
- Pairwise Plants
- Palleon Pharmaceuticals
- Petra Pharma
For more information about this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/se1mme.
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.