DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Manual Resuscitator Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Manual Resuscitator Market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period.
The increasing prevalence rate of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and development related to resuscitator is expected to boost the manual resuscitator market growth. COPD is one of the most life-threatening disease which is characterised by breathlessness. According to World Health Organization, in 2016, 251 million cases of COPD were reported worldwide. Though there is no direct cure present at moment, symptomatic treatment is given to the patients. Manual resuscitator, which is a hand-held device, are used in case of COPD for providing ventilation. However, the alternative devices available in the market may hinder the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Infants and Neonates Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share in the Manual Resuscitator Market
- According to World Health Organization, around 2.5 million of children died globally, in 2018, druing first month of their life. Infant mortality is mostly due to pre-term birth, birth asphyxia, birth defects and infections.
- Birth asphyxia is a condition wherein there is no blood flow or exchange of gas from the fetus during, before or after the birth that leads to breathlessness. According to the study, Birth asphyxia survivors in a developing country', 23% of infants were diagnosed with birth asphyxia. Hence, resuscitation is mandatory in such cases.
- Furthermore, development in resuscitator is expected to influence positively on the infants and neonates segment market. For instance, in 2018, Koninklijke Philips N.V. launched a device, Augmented Infant Resuscitator. It is an additional device to the manual resuscitator that is designed specifically for resuscitation in birth asphyxia.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America expected to hold a major market share in the global manual resuscitator market due to increasing prevalence rate of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and increasing mortality rate in infants. Infant mortality is majorly related to birth asphyxia, birth defects, infections, etc. According to Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, in the year 2017 around 22,000 infants died in U.S. Furthermore, according to the American Lung Cancer Association, COPD is considered as the third major cause of death in U.S. and approximately 15.3 million people were diagnosed with it in 2018. Hence, these factors are expected to boost the demand of manual resuscitator devices.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format.
- 3 months of analyst support.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Burden of COPD
4.2.2 Steady Advancements in Product Development
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Presence of Alternatives in the Market
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Usage
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD)
5.3.2 Cardiopulmonary Arrest
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Vyaire Medical Inc.
6.1.2 Smiths Medical
6.1.3 Ambu A/S
6.1.5 Teleflex Inc.
6.1.6 Medline Industries Inc.
6.1.7 HUM GmbH
6.1.8 WEINMANN Emergency Medical Technology GmbH + Co. KG
6.1.9 Allied Healthcare
6.1.10 Hopkins Medical Products
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4cfjyd