LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Committed to fostering a workforce culture of engagement and innovation for all employees, Mankato Clinic, one of the largest physician-owned, multi-specialty practices in Minnesota, is achieving significant savings with Workforce Dimensions from Kronos Incorporated as it digitally transforms the workplace in support of its mission to deliver innovative quality care and positive patient outcomes.
- A Kronos customer for 15 years, Mankato Clinic recently attained a substantial milestone by combining its workforce management and human capital management (HCM) systems and migrating its entire clinical staff – including physicians, nurses, and advanced practice providers – across a dozen regional sites to Workforce Dimensions.
Workforce Dimensions drove such immediate and significant time and cost savings that the modern, extensible solution paid for itself in the first 12 months while simultaneously optimizing productivity and empowering Mankato Clinic healthcare providers, nurses, and managers to provide optimal patient care.
- Powered by the Kronos D5 platform, Workforce Dimensions provides insight into critical, real-time labor data such as employee attendance and hours worked. Embedded analytics allow managers to drill down by job type and location to view scheduled hours and employees approaching overtime, enabling them to flex staff for upcoming shifts while ensuring the right people with the right skills are assigned to the right patients.
- Next-generation capabilities driven by the artificial intelligence-powered suite unburden managers and supervisors from repetitive administrative tasks by automating previously manual scheduling, human resources, and payroll processes, allowing them to spend more time on higher-value activities such as developing staff and caring for patients.
- Mobile-first capabilities of Workforce Dimensions empower employees to complete important tasks such as benefits enrollment and time-off requests from a smartphone, eliminating unnecessary paperwork. Additionally, employees have easy access to critical information such as timecards, pay stubs, and accrual balances from anywhere at any time.
- In order to ensure the right people with the right skills are accurately scheduled and that practitioner licensures and certifications up to date, managers can monitor employee credentials and send reminders – weeks or months in advance – if licenses are set to expire.
- With a long history of personalized support from Kronos customer success and strategic advisory teams, Mankato Clinic recently shifted to the cloud after years of operating an on-premise solution, positioning the organization to achieve the greatest value from its Kronos investment as it focuses on future of work initiatives.
- Frost & Sullivan recently named Kronos the 2020 North America Company of the Year for its rigorous focus on technology innovation and performance to enhance customer outcomes in the healthcare industry. Kronos was selected in part for driving customer success among health systems using Workforce Dimensions, which offers healthcare organizations the best return on investment by leveraging the benefit of integration to drive insightful decision-making, streamline work, and enhance productivity.
Coty Bruender, financial analyst, Mankato Clinic
“As an organization committed to providing only the highest quality of care to patients, it was important to invest in innovative technology to empower our people to achieve even more. Workforce Dimensions is an intelligent, one-stop shop for our workforce. For the first time, employees network-wide have access to their timecards and paystubs and can request time off from any device – a true game-changer in an industry that never sleeps. And, because Kronos is a leader in real-time workforce analytics, we are able to make more informed staffing decisions to ensure every patient’s needs are being met and exceeded.”
Nanne Finis, RN, MS, chief nurse executive, Kronos
“Within the healthcare field we are united by our shared compassion for others, but to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction requires health leaders to invest in the workforce and rethink their empowerment practices. To do that, the right technology is needed. Kronos solutions deployed by Mankato Clinic have transformed the HCM experience for staff: people are connected and engaged; processes are automated and intelligent; and the organization is healthier than ever. By putting people at the center of its workforce management strategy, Mankato Clinic demonstrates an admirable commitment to patient care and clinical excellence.”
- About Mankato Clinic.
- New research from The Workforce Institute at Kronos examines the current state of digital transformation in healthcare and navigates employee expectations for the future of work.
- Check out the new e-book on inspiring the healthcare workforce, inspired by Kronos CEO Aron Ain’s book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
- Read the fourth anthology from The Workforce Institute at Kronos titled, “Being Present: A Practical Guide for Transforming the Employee Experience of Your Frontline Workforce.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2020 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.