DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Trace Chemical Detector Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2019 to 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market is worth US$ 1.93 Bn in 2018 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
High-security concern in public places driving the market demand
The growing number of airports and increasing passenger numbers day-by-day in almost all regions of the world. With rising growth in the aviation sector, there is a high chance of drug-trafficking and threats from terrorist organizations. Growing concern about passenger safety and to stop illicit drug-trafficking, there is a high demand for trace chemical detectors. Further, with the increasing emphasis on anti-terrorism activities, many countries are deploying chemical and explosives detection systems across all its public places like airports, city transport lines, nationally important government facilities, and research centers.
Furthermore, miniaturization of a trace chemical detector is driving the market demand. Portable and handheld devices launched by major market players have great potential to increase their market demand. It can be incorporated into a mobile or stationary detection platform that can be further used as a point-source detector or as a remote (stand-off) detector. Both can be differentiated with its size, weight, portability, and logistical support requirements. These devices come at lower prices, but its growth is halted by its limitation in operation. On the contrary, new technological development having an ultrasensitive and broad range expected to grow the market during the forecast period. Overall, the global trace chemical detector market was valued at US$ 1.93 Bn in 2018 and expected to grow at around 6.1% CAGR from 2019 to 2027.
The overall trace chemical detector market is slightly fragmented in nature and it is growing at a moderate rate. However, technological advancement and the launch of portable detectors are increasing its use in recent years.
- In November 2019, FLIR Systems, Inc. launched FLIR Fido X4, a handheld explosives trace detector. It has higher sensitivity and can detect a broad range of explosives at nanograms to sub-nanogram levels in much less time of 10 seconds only.
- In November 2019, IDenta Corp. announced the launch of its new product - TANKER, an explosives detector, and identification.
- In October 2019, ACS Sensors has published in its article that black silicon-based ultrasensitive detector can detect trace amount of explosives and highly toxic pollutants that found in medical and forensic labs.
Key Market Movements:
- Globally, the trace chemical detector market is growing at a CAGR of 6.1% for the period from 2019 to 2027.
- Based on product type, the trace chemical detector market is segmented into a benchtop and portable TCD. Ease of handling and less expensiveness of portable TCD has high demand in the market.
- Based on the end-use, the security & defense segment captured the major share of the market in 2018 and is expected to retain its growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Report Description
1.1.1. Purpose of the Report
1.1.2. Target Audience
1.1.3. USP and Key Offerings
1.2. Research Scope
1.3. Research Methodology
1.3.1. Phase I - Secondary Research
1.3.2. Phase II - Primary Research
1.3.3. Phase III - Expert Panel Review
1.3.4. Approach Adopted
220.127.116.11. Top-Down Approach
18.104.22.168. Bottom-Up Approach
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Market Snapshot: Global Trace Chemical Detector (TCD) Market
2.2. Global TCD Market, by Product Type, 2018 (US$ Bn)
2.3. Global TCD Market, by Detection Type, 2018 (US$ Bn)
2.4. Global TCD Market, by End-use, 2018 (US$ Bn)
2.5. Global TCD Market, by Geography, 2018 (US$ Bn)
3. Market Dynamics
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Attractive Investment Proposition, by Geography, 2018
3.4. Market Positioning of Key Players, 2018
4. Global Trace Chemical Detector (TCD) Market, by Product Type , 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
4.2. Benchtop TCD
4.3. Portable TCD
5. Global Trace Chemical Detector (TCD) Market, by Detection Type, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
5.2. Explosives & Narcotics
5.5. Metals & Alloys
6. Global Trace Chemical Detector (TCD) Market, by End-use, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
6.2. Security & Defense
6.3. Oil & Gas
6.5. Chemical & Pharmaceutical
7. North America Trace Chemical Detector (TCD) Market Analysis, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
7.1.1. North America TCD Market Value and Growth, 2017 - 2027, (US$ Bn)
7.2. North America TCD Market Value, By Product Type, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
7.2.1. Market Analysis
7.3. North America TCD Market Value, By Detection Type, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
7.3.1. Market Analysis
7.4. North America TCD Market Value, By End-use, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
7.4.1. Market Analysis
7.5. North America TCD Market Value, By Region/Country, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
7.5.1. Market Analysis
7.5.3. Rest of North America
8. Europe Trace Chemical Detector (TCD) Market Analysis, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
9. Asia Pacific Trace Chemical Detector (TCD) Market Analysis, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
10. Rest of the World Trace Chemical Detector (TCD) Market Analysis, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Bn)
11. Company Profiles
11.3. FLIR Systems, Inc.
11.4. Smiths Detection Group Ltd.
11.5. RIGAKU CORPORATION
11.6. TeknoScan Systems
11.7. AMETEK Inc.
11.8. Rapiscan Systems
11.10. Nuctech Company Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/i5a3ez