SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Postman, the leading platform for API development, today announced two capabilities that strengthen the company’s powerful enterprise-level offering.
The two capabilities, which were developed based on high-volume user input and feedback from large organizations around the world, are:
- APIBuilder: API Builder, now in general availability, is a Postman feature that allows architects and developers to design and develop APIs within Postman. With the ability to test and validate API requests against these schemas, Postman provides large teams with the governance that they require.
- Reporting: The reporting feature, now in beta, gives enterprises new and much-needed insight into how APIs are utilized throughout their development environments.
These two announcements are the latest additions to Postman’s ever-expanding range of enterprise-grade features, which includes:
- Collaboration capabilities across hundreds of developers
- Single sign-on (SSO) for improved security
- GitHub two-way sync, which allows developers to sync their API schemas with GitHub
- Premium support via email, chat, or phone
"Postman was originally created to help API developers,” said Abhinav Asthana, Postman's co-founder and CEO. "But as we grew, more and more of those developers were working within large organizations, and they had different needs. So we’ve continued to add capabilities to match those needs, and today is further proof of our commitment to our customers in the enterprise.”
Earlier this week, the company also launched the new Postman Enterprise plan as a turnkey package designed to help large organizations scale, grow, collaborate, and securely manage hundreds of Postman users.
Postman is the leading collaboration platform for API development, used by more than 8 million developers and 400,000 companies worldwide. Postman is an elegant, flexible platform that is used to build connected software via APIs—quickly, easily, and accurately. Postman is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where the company was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Nexus Venture Partners and CRV. Learn more at http://www.postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.