DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Pakistani Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Pakistan is expected to spend US$48.5 billion on defense over 2020-2024 to manage internal instability and bolster its defense capabilities with respect to India. The country's total defense budget, excluding US aid has increased at sluggish rate over 2015-2019, with a CAGR of 0.69%, the country invested US$7.6 billion in the defense sector in 2015, which further increased to US$7.8 billion in 2019. The defense budget of Pakistan decreased drastically from US$9.4 billion in 2018 to US$7.8 billion due to economic instability and turmoil which has resulted in depreciation of Pakistani currency against US dollar.
Between 2015 and 2019, Pakistan's average capital expenditure allocation was 36.8% of the total defense budget, while its revenue expenditure allocation was 63.2%. The country's military hardware upgrade strategies are expected to increase the average capital allocation to 37.8% over the forecast period. Pakistan's homeland security (HLS) expenditure, targeted towards the prevention of drug smuggling, human trafficking, robbery, corruption, and cyber-attacks, is on the increase due to the growing instances of criminal and illicit activities within the nation. HLS expenditure, valued at US$1.0 billion in 2019, grew from US$0.9 billion in 2015, at a CAGR of 2.68%.
Pakistan's domestic defense industry is able to fulfill the majority of the national requirements for low and mid-market technology defense systems, but is largely unable to supply technologically advanced defense systems. US was once biggest exporter of arms to the Pakistan however the rising tensions between these two countries has considerably affected the weapons sales. From 2014-2018 there is large reduction in the arms transfer between these two countries. However, the Pakistani export market is set to gradually grow over the forecast period, as the country begins to develop high quality indigenous defense systems.
The report The Future of Pakistani Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2024 provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news. This report offers detailed analysis of Pakistani defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, the report The Future of Pakistani Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2024 provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Pakistani defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of Pakistani defense industry during 2020-2024, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country's expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter's Five Force analysis of Pakistani defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country's imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of Pakistani defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- One of the most attractive defense markets in South Asia, Pakistan is anticipated to invest US$48.6 billion cumulatively over the forecast period, compared to US$42.3 billion spent during 2015-2019. Expenditure is anticipated to focus more on the procurement of equipment to augment air defense capabilities, enhance the operational capabilities of the current fleet of naval vessels, and better communication and surveillance systems.
- The share of capital expenditure as a percentage of overall defense expenditure is anticipated to rise from an average of 36.8% during 2015-2019 to 37.8% over the forecast period.
- The Pakistani MoD is expected to invest in land based C4ISR, conventional diesel electric submarine, multirole aircraft, airborne C4ISR, missile defense system, attack helicopters, Main Battle Tanks (MBT), corvettes MRO, and frigates.
Reasons to buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of Pakistani defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of Pakistani defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter's Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. What is this Report About?
1.3. Summary Methodology
1.4. About the Author
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities
3.1. Current Market Scenario
3.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast
3.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation
3.4. Benchmarking with Key Global Markets
3.5. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators
4. Defense Procurement Market Dynamics
4.1. Import Market Dynamics
4.2. Export Market Dynamics
5. Industry Dynamics
5.1. Five Forces Analysis
6. Market Entry Strategy
6.1. Market Regulation
6.2. Market Entry Route
6.3. Key Challenges
7. Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
7.1. Competitive Landscape Overview
7.2. Key Domestic Companies
7.3. Key Foreign Companies
8. Business Environment and Country Risk
8.1. Economic Performance
- Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KSEW)
- Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC)
- Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF)
- Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO)
- Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT)
- The Heavy Mechanical Complex (HMC)
- Surveillance and Target Unmanned Aircraft (SATUMA)
- Lockheed Martin
- Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group
- Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/40xd5b