SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BioMed Realty (“BioMed” or the “Company”), a leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science community, announced today the promotion of eight officers across the Company’s fully integrated platform. The Cambridge, Massachusetts and San Diego, California-based professionals have a combined total of more than 14 decades of experience in their respective commercial real estate disciplines, including deep expertise in life science real estate, and a total of 56 years with BioMed Realty.
“The promotions are well-deserved, and my colleagues have consistently demonstrated their expertise, leadership and dedication in serving the unique needs of the growing life science and technology communities,” said Tim Schoen, President and CEO of BioMed Realty. “Each of them exemplifies our core value of going above and beyond to establish and strengthen relationships with our clients, our community and the broader industry.”
BioMed experienced significant growth in 2019 as the Company continued to provide purpose-built lab and office space in the vital life science and technology hubs of San Diego, the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Boston, New York, and the United Kingdom. Those listed below have been key to the Company’s success and plans for sustained growth.
- Kevin Simonsen has been promoted to Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary after most recently serving as the Company’s Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary. He has spent 14 years with BioMed and led corporate legal and risk management teams since 2016. Prior to joining BioMed, Mr. Simonsen served as an attorney at Latham & Watkins LLP based in San Diego. With his promotion, Mr. Simonsen joins the Executive Management Committee of the Company.
- Marie Lewis has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Legal and Assistant Secretary after serving as the Company’s Vice President, Legal and Assistant Secretary. Since joining BioMed in 2013, Ms. Lewis has made significant contributions across a number of leasing, acquisition, disposition and financing transactions. Prior to BioMed, Ms. Lewis was an attorney at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher in Los Angeles, and then the managing attorney of real estate transactions at Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
- David Hsiao has been elevated to Vice President, Chief Information Officer after serving as Vice President, Information Technology. Mr. Hsiao joined BioMed in 2006 and has held information technology positions where he was responsible for the strategic development of business processes, system infrastructure design, and network and cyber security.
- Colleen O’Connor becomes Vice President, Leasing, East Coast and UK markets after serving as Senior Director. Ms. O’Connor’s expanded role now encompasses the management of 4.8 million SF on two continents. Ms. O’Connor joined BioMed in 2014 after spending several years in various finance and accounting roles, most recently at Fidelity Investments.
- Ken Kuras is now Vice President, Senior Controller of Development after serving as Senior Director, Accounting since 2016, and Director of Asset Management since 2013. Mr. Kuras has held several public accounting positions focused on real estate clients since starting his career at KPMG, followed by eight years at Corky McMillin Companies in the role of Vice President, Controller of Homebuilding.
- John Moshy is now Vice President, Development after serving as Senior Director, Development. Mr. Moshy joined BioMed in 2008 and has held several positions overseeing development and construction-related activities in the Seattle and San Diego markets with a focus on entitlements, design and project management.
- Carlye Murphy becomes Vice President, Legal after serving as Managing Attorney, Legal. Based in Cambridge-Boston, Ms. Murphy joined BioMed in 2014 from Ropes & Gray LLP, having focused her career on commercial real estate transactions since 2005.
- Kevin Tremblay becomes Vice President, San Diego Market Lead after serving as Senior Director and will continue to oversee leasing transactions for BioMed’s 3.0 million SF San Diego portfolio. Mr. Tremblay joined BioMed in 2013 after an extensive career as a commercial real estate professional in the San Diego market.
About BioMed Realty
Founded in 2004, and a Blackstone portfolio company since 2016, BioMed Realty owns, operates and develops high-quality life science real estate comprising 13.6 million square feet, including 2.6 million square feet of Class A properties in active development to meet the growing demand of the life science industry. BioMed Realty’s portfolio is located in the leading innovation markets throughout the United States and United Kingdom, led by Boston-Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, New York and Cambridge, U.K. With over 200 tenant partners, BioMed Realty provides real estate solutions for global enterprises, established biotechnology and innovation companies, leading universities and premier research institutions. To learn more, visit biomedrealty.com. Follow us on Twitter @biomedrealty.