DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global Automotive OEM Telematics Market - 5th Edition" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
It is estimated that more than 41 percent of all new cars sold worldwide in 2018 were equipped with an OEM embedded telematics system, up from 33 percent in 2017. North America is the most advanced market in terms of premium telematics services with an attach rate of 53 percent. The EU+EFTA region is picking up pace and had an attach rate of 60 percent. Other developed markets such as Japan and South Korea currently have attach rates of approximately 45 percent. China has emerged as an important market for telematics services with an attach rate of about 31 percent in 2018. In other regions, the attach rate is below 15 percent. GM, BMW, MercedesBenz and PSA are the leading adopters of embedded telematics, widely offering the technology as a standard feature across models and geographies. GM has offered telematics services for more than two decades, offering the technology as an integral part of its value proposition in North America, Europe and China. BMW introduced its ConnectedDrive service in North America and Western Europe in 1997. Other major car brands offering embedded telematics on a broad scale include Hyundai, Volkswagen, FCA Group, Volvo Cars, Toyota/Lexus, Renault, JLR and Tesla.
This new report estimates that total shipments of embedded OEM telematics systems reached almost 34.0 million units worldwide in 2018. Growing at a compound annual growth rate of 14.2 percent, the shipments are expected to reach 75.4 million units in 2024. During the same time, the attach rate of embedded telematics units is forecasted to increase from about 41 percent in 2018 to 82 percent at the end of the forecast period. The number of telematics subscribers using embedded systems is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 27.1 percent from 80.4 million subscribers in 2018 to 339.3 million in 2024.
This report answers the following questions:
- What is the current status of the car OEM telematics industry?
- Which are the key OEM telematics applications?
- Which are the leading telematics service providers?
- How are mobile operators positioning themselves in the telematics value chain?
- What telematics offerings are available from the leading car OEMs today?
- What business models are used by car OEMs?
- How will the market evolve in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and MEA?
- How will autonomous cars, electric vehicles and carsharing change the need for connectivity?
Highlights from this report:
- Insights from numerous executive interviews with market leading companies.
- New data on car populations and new car registrations worldwide.
- Comprehensive overview of the car OEM telematics value chain and key applications.
- In-depth analysis of market trends and key developments.
- Detailed profiles of 21 major car OEMs and their telematics propositions.
- Updated market forecasts by region lasting until 2024.
- Changan Motors
- Daimler Group
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors
- Great Wall Motors
- Honda Motor Company
- PSA Group
- Renault Group
- SAIC Motors
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Volkswagen Group
- Volvo Car Group
- Beijing Yesway Information Technology
- Bright Box
- Harman Connected Services
- Cubic Telecom
- High Mobility
- Verisk Analytics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2v50a0
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.