SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Soul Community Planet (SCP), a Holistic Hospitality company providing fair-priced lodging, coworking and fitness experiences centered on the values of personal wellness, social good and the environment, today announced it has secured $5 million in investments in a new Series A Preferred Equity offering (the “SCP Series A”). The initial SCP Series A comprises approximately 17% of SCP’s total capitalization. A second SCP Series A closing is planned for February 2020.
“SCP is founded on the values of wellness, social good and eco-friendliness. A growing share of conscious consumers desire lodging, work and socialization venues that embrace SCP’s core values. The strong investor participation in our SCP Series A offering, combined with ongoing positive acclaim for SCP, gives us confidence that Soul Community Planet is providing what a deep and committed share of the population has been seeking,” said Ken Cruse CEO and Co-Founder of SCP.
The first two SCP venues – SCP Colorado Springs and SCP Redmond – incorporate lodging, coworking memberships and boutique fitness. The third SCP venue is slated to open in Q1 2020. To date, there are no other accessibly priced hospitality brands solely focused on the core values of SCP.
“We believe the hospitality industry is primed for disruption by innovative, values-based, hand-crafted entrants, such as Soul Community Planet. We are committed to thoughtfully growing SCP over the next several years,” said Cruse.
SCP Adds Advisory Committee
To help guide its strategic execution, SCP also has formed a 14-person Advisory Committee comprised of key industry leaders, conscious capitalists and social entrepreneurs. SCP Advisory Committee members include:
- Troy Arntsen – Voluspa President & Co-Founder
- Alex Bhathal – RAJ Capital Management and RevOZ Founder & Managing Partner
- Steve Bilt – Smile Brands CEO & Smiles For Everyone Foundation
- Brian Cescolini – Universal Protection Service Founder; Conscious Investor
- Chris Copps – Corient Capital Partners Founding Partner; The Center for Peace and Kindness Co-Founder
- Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks – Earth Friendly Products President and Co-Founder
- Steve Fisk – Marsh & McLennan Agency Principal, Conscious Investor
- Brian Flornes – Entrepreneur, Conscious Investor
- Neel Grover – Indi CEO; Former CEO of Rakuten.com, Buy.com and Bluefly
- John Jastrem – UpWire Capital CEO, Serial Entrepreneur and Conscious Investor
- Brent Leffel – Equity38 Founder and Managing Partner, owner of TRX
- Boaz Shonfeld – Modern Gourmet Foods Chairman and Founder; The Center for Peace and Kindness Co-Founder
- Travis Trask – Gen Next Co-Founder; Business Owner and Conscious Investor
- Ken Wickwar – Business Owner and Conscious Investor
Cruse said, “We are extremely grateful for our Advisory Committee members. These individuals have already made significant contributions to SCP through strategic partnerships, business guidance and capital relationships. Looking ahead, I am confident that our Advisory Committee will be instrumental in helping to shape, guide and fuel SCP’s future growth through industry relationships, consumer outreach, capital partners and strategic vendors.”
About Soul Community Planet
San Juan Capistrano, Calif.-based Soul Community Planet was born out of a vision to provide holistic hospitality experiences for individuals desiring to make positive choices for themselves, humankind and the planet. SCP Colorado Springs was the first concept to launch in 2018, with SCP Redmond opening in 2019 and a third venue slated to open in early 2020. Soul Community Planet donates five percent of its profits to charitable causes that share its core values. For more information, go to www.SoulCommunityPlanet.com.