DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Mexico Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Mexican cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2015-19e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2019e-23f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Mexican cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Mexican cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Mexican cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- In a bid to further push the adoption and use of electronic payments, the central bank developed a new payment system called CoDi, scheduled to launch in full by the end of 2019. The new system will facilitate real-time payments between buyers and sellers, using NFC and QR codes. Both the buyer and seller will need to have a bank account with a SPEI participant, as well as a smartphone with a mobile app that offers CoDi payments. To make a payment, users will scan the QR code at merchant stores or tap the contactless terminal using their mobile app. Transactions will be settled via SPEI. Payments via CoDi will be free of charge and available 24/7, up to a maximum of MXN8,000 ($407.28) per transaction. In addition to in-store payments, CoDi will also support online payments.
- As part of its financial inclusion efforts, in March 2019 the government announced an agreement with banks on a regulatory bill that requires banks to offer no-fee accounts for low-income individuals. The bill also prohibits banks from levying fees on the first three ATM cash withdrawals each month. In addition, the government passed a new bill that allows young people aged 15-17 to open bank accounts on their own, without a parent or guardian. And in March 2019 the Mexican Banking Association (Asociacion de Bancos de Mexico) announced that banks had abolished fees on digital accounts. Digital accounts are also exempt from minimum balance requirements, and account holders can conduct free interbank money transfers.
- To tap into the high-potential credit card market, digital-only card issuers have entered the space. Digital-only credit card issuer Vexi was launched in Mexico in June 2018. To remain competitive, it offers cards to individuals without a credit history and has a low minimum income requirement of MXN2,000 ($101.82) per month. Meanwhile, Brazil-based digital only-bank Nubank entered Mexico in August 2019, launching the Nu Gold Mastercard credit card. The card comes with benefits including no annual fees for the lifetime of the card and a low interest rate.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Mexican cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Mexican cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Mexican cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Mexico.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Mexican cards and payments industry.
Key Topics Covered
- Market Overview
- Card-based Payments
- Merchant Acquiring
- E-commerce Payments
- Mobile Proximity Payments
- P2P Payments
- Bill Payments
- Alternative Payments
- Payment Innovations
- Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
- Banco Azteca
- Banco Inbursa
- CF Credit Services
- American Express
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g4yvu6