LIMA, Peru--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) today announced it has launched in Peru, with its full line of popular health and fitness smartwatches, trackers, smart scale and the free Fitbit app. Now available at top retailer Falabella and its online store are: Fitbit Ace 2, Fitbit Inspire, Fitbit Inspire HR and Fitbit Charge 3 trackers, Fitbit Versa Lite, Fitbit Versa 2 and Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, and Fitbit Aria Air smart scale.
For nearly 13 years, Fitbit’s vision has been to make the world healthier with a holistic platform that empowers you to take action and become more active, exercise more, sleep better, eat smarter and manage your weight. Being on the Fitbit platform is unique because it’s not just about the device, it’s the combination of a wide range of innovative and affordable devices, engaging software, and a free app that ties all your health and fitness data together – so you can see everything in one place and make informed decisions about your health and wellness. Millions of Fitbit users around the globe connect through the app, forming a large social fitness network that helps like-minded Fitbit users engage and support each other on their journey. Fitbit is a trusted brand because it has shown this holistic approach works, demonstrated by 73% of its users who have a weight loss goal losing weight within the first six months of weight tracking,i an average of 819 more steps taken per day by users with more than five active friends,ii and 96 million devices sold.iii
Helping Peruvians get healthier
Diabetes, heart disease and obesity are some of the top health issues facing Peruvians according to the Ministry of Health (MINSA).iv In fact, diabetes and heart disease are two of the top causes of death in Peru, and 60 percent of people in the country are overweight or obese.v While health continues to be a top concern for Peruvians, many of the risks associated with these health challenges can be lowered or managed with meaningful lifestyle changes, such as increasing physical activity, improving diet and getting more sleep.
Wearable technology like Fitbit can play a powerful role in helping you attain your health goals. In fact, according to IDC, Peru is projected to be one of the fastest growing countries for wearables in Latin America in the next five years.vi
Motivating, fun and easy-to-use platform to help you reach your goals
Fitbit understands there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to health and fitness, as consumers have a wide-range of needs, preferences and goals – from those taking the first steps to improve their health through everyday activities like walking to work or getting more sleep, to those running their first marathon. Fitbit products are combined with fun and engaging software and services to help motivate you, data analytics and trends over time show you how your efforts are paying off and virtual coaching through interactive workouts keep your fitness routine fresh. Fitbit’s device portfolio features stylish, streamlined trackers, full-featured smartwatches, and a smart scale, all of which offer multiple days of battery life at approachable price points and are compatible across both Android and iOS mobile devices.vii
Fitbit is launching the following products in Peru starting today:
- Fitbit Ace 2: For kids ages 6+ to help them learn healthy habits at an early age by tracking their activity and sleep, and encouraging more active time with family and friends. Features kid-friendly colors, a swimproof design,viii animated clock facesix and motivating challenges to keep kids moving. Parents must create a Fitbit family account at set-up, so they can stay on top of their kids’ activities and have a safe and positive experience.
- Fitbit Inspire & Inspire HR: Slim, stylish and jewelry-like, Inspire is a lower-cost, easy-to-use tracker with the essential health and fitness features to help you stay motivated with all-day automatic activity, exercise and sleep tracking, goal celebrations, Reminders to Move, and timer and stopwatch apps to help you stay on track. Inspire HR adds 24/7 heart rate tracking, as well as Sleep Stages tracking, 20 goal-based exercise modes, connected GPS, and Relax guided breathing. Both trackers feature a modern, swimproof design with a touchscreen display, smartphone notifications, up to 5 days of battery life, and stylish accessories.x
- Fitbit Charge 3: Delivers a premium, swimproof tracker design with a large touchscreen display, the advanced health and fitness features found in Inspire HR plus the ability to track floors climbed, and is Fitbit’s smartest tracker with essential apps like alarms, timer and weather and quick replies to text (Android only) – all powered by up to 7 days of battery life.x
- Fitbit Versa Lite Edition: An everyday, affordable smartwatch with all the essential core fitness and smart features, including automatic activity, 24/7 heart rate and Sleep Stages tracking, 20 goal-based exercise modes, connected GPS, smartphone notifications, popular apps, and 4+ days of battery of life with a simple one-button, lightweight, swimproof design in bold color choices.x
- Fitbit Versa 2: A modern, full-featured smartwatch to help empower you to take action, make the most of your day and stay connected to help reach your goals – all with 6+ days of battery life and advanced health, fitness and smart features.xi Building on Versa Lite, Versa 2 adds on-screen workouts, on-board music and floors climbed tracking. It also debuts Fitbit’s first on-device microphone for quick replies to texts (Android only), a Spotify app to control music and podcasts,xii and a bright, crisp AMOLED display with an optional always-on display mode.xiii Its premium design can be personalized with nearly 3,000 clock faces and apps and a variety of accessories.
- Fitbit Ionic: Fitbit’s most advanced GPS performance-focused smartwatch with the ultimate curation of advanced health and fitness features, including real-time pace and distance and automatic detection for running, industry-leading swim lap tracking, personal guidance and smart functionality. It builds on the fitness and smart features in Versa 2, and has a premium, lightweight design, with up to 5 days of battery life.xiv
- Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition: Exclusive edition of the performance-focused Ionic, this smartwatch provides a unique on-device coaching experience through the adidas Train app with six on-screen run-focused workouts designed by adidas movement-based training experts to help improve your form, power, and speed. It also sports an exclusive style with a two-toned breathable sport band, and unique adidas-designed clock face – all with up to 5 days of battery life.xiv
- Fitbit Aria Air: A low-cost Bluetooth smart scale that tracks weight and syncs with the Fitbit app to calculate BMI, giving you a comprehensive view of your trends over time alongside your activity, heart rate, sleep and nutrition data within the Fitbit app.
- Fitbit app: A free app that syncs with your Fitbit device to tie all your health and fitness data together, including your activity, exercise, heart rate, hourly activity and sleep, as well as logged female health (menstrual cycle), hydration and nutrition – so you see everything in one place and take action. The app features educational insights based on your activity and sleep to help you on your journey, as well as the Fitbit Community that provides support, accountability and motivation from friends and other like-minded individuals with groups, a positive social feed, leaderboard and challenges.
- Fitbit Coach app: A subscription-based personalized training app that helps you get fit anytime, anywhere with access to thousands of audio and video workouts that adapt based on your level. The more feedback you give, the smarter the workouts become. Plus, your workouts automatically sync with the Fitbit app so you can track progress over time.
“We have seen how Fitbit has helped people around the world make improvements to their health and with the growing rates of chronic conditions in Peru, we’re making the ability to have a positive impact on your health more accessible through a range of affordable, easy-to-use yet innovative devices that work with most mobile phones,” said Ricardo Martiarena, Regional Manager for Latin America at Fitbit. “With Fitbit, you’re not just getting a device, you’re connected to a support system of more than 27 million active Fitbit users that can be with you 24/7 to keep you accountable and motivated to reach your goals.
Fitbit Pricing & Availability
Fitbit products are available starting today at Falabella retail and online stores.
- Fitbit Ace 2: S/ 299; accessories range from S/ 109-129
- Fitbit Inspire & Inspire HR: S/ 299-429; accessories range from S/ 89-299
- Fitbit Charge 3: Retail price of S/ 649 and special for S/ 749. Accessories range from S/ 129-149
- Fitbit Versa Lite: Retail price of S/ 699; accessories range from S/ 129-339
- Fitbit Versa 2: Retail price of S/ 899 and special edition for two looks in one with an extra band in box of S/ 999. Accessories range from S/ 129-339
- Fitbit Ionic: Retail price of S/ 1,099; accessories range from S/ 129-259
- Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition: Retail price of S/ 1,199
- Fitbit Aria Air: Retail price of S/ 209
- Fitbit Coach app: S/ 25.90 monthly or S/ 129.90 annual subscription
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. Fitbit designs products and experiences that track and provide motivation for everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of innovative and popular products include Fitbit Charge 3™, Fitbit Inspire HR™, Fitbit Inspire™ and Fitbit Ace 2™ activity trackers, as well as the Fitbit Ionic™ and Fitbit Versa™ family of smartwatches, Fitbit Flyer™ wireless headphones, and Fitbit Aria family of smart scales. Fitbit products are carried in approximately 39,000 retail stores and in 100+ countries around the globe. Powered by one of the world’s largest databases of activity, exercise and sleep data and Fitbit’s leading health and fitness social network, the Fitbit platform delivers personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools, including the Fitbit and Fitbit Coach apps, and Fitbit OS for smartwatches. Fitbit’s paid subscription service, Fitbit Premium, uses your unique data to deliver actionable guidance and coaching in the Fitbit app to help you reach your health and fitness goals. Fitbit Health Solutions develops health and wellness solutions designed to help increase engagement, improve health outcomes, and drive a positive return for employers, health plans and health systems.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Additional Fitbit trademarks can be found www.fitbit.com/legal/trademark-list. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
i Based on aggregated and anonymized Fitbit user data between Jan. 1, 2014 – Oct. 15, 2018 for all Fitbit users who tracked their weight at least once a week.
ii Based on aggregated and anonymous Fitbit user data between Jan. 1, 2014 – Oct. 15, 2018; Among low activity users.
iii As of Q2 2019.
iv Peru Ministry of Health (MINSA), “Analysis of the causes of death in Perú 1986- 2015”, published in September 2018, http://www.dge.gob.pe/portal/docs/asis/Asis_mortalidad.pdf.
v Peru Ministry of Health (MINSA), “Analysis of the causes of death in Perú 1986- 2015”, published in September 2018, http://www.dge.gob.pe/portal/docs/asis/Asis_mortalidad.pdf. Peru Ministry of Health (MINSA), National Demographic and Family Health Survey (ENDES), July 2019, https://peru21.pe/lima/ministerio-salud-60-peruanos-mayor-15-anos-exceso-peso-nndc-491969-noticia/.
vi Latin America IDC Q4’17 wearables tracker forecast.
vii See compatible devices at www.fitbit.com/pe/devices.
viii Water resistant to 50M.
ix Clock faces require additional charging.
x Water resistant to 50M; Battery life varies with use and other factors.
xi Battery life varies with use and other factors.
xii Requires Spotify Premium subscription. Not available in all countries.
xiii Always-on display mode requires more frequent charging.
xiv Battery life varies with use and other factors.