CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation's leading accounting and advisory firms, today announced an expansion of its Pacific Northwest practice through the addition of 175 partners and professionals from Peterson Sullivan LLP. The combination of BDO and Peterson Sullivan is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed on Nov. 1.
“The addition of Peterson Sullivan strengthens BDO’s presence in the Pacific Northwest and creates a strong foundation as we continue to execute our targeted growth strategy,” said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Peterson Sullivan and BDO share common values – believing strongly that an exceptional culture with exceptional people results in an exceptional client experience. I look forward to welcoming the partners and professionals of Peterson Sullivan to BDO and working together to serve clients in Seattle and beyond.”
Founded in 1953, Peterson Sullivan is a leading public accounting and business advisory firm based in Seattle, and is ranked among the top 7 largest CPA firms in the Puget Sound region. With a reputation for attentive service, experienced and committed professionals, and a focus on results, Peterson Sullivan serves clients in a variety of industries, including auto dealerships, construction, hospitality and consumer products, life sciences, manufacturing, nonprofit, professional services, real estate, and technology.
“Peterson Sullivan has built our reputation over the last 65 years by providing exceptional client service and developing deep connections within the community,” said Chris Russell, managing partner of Peterson Sullivan. “In joining BDO, our clients will continue to receive the personalized and responsive attention they have come to expect, now with enhanced access to more specialized services, broader industry expertise, and BDO’s extensive global network. We look forward to continued momentum together in serving the people and businesses in the region.”
Peterson Sullivan is the seventh-largest accounting firm in the Puget Sound region. Like BDO, the firm is continually recognized by numerous business and industry publications for its workplace accomplishments. The firm was recently named by Puget Sound Business Journal as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces and recognized by Accounting Today as one of the nation’s Best Accounting Firms to Work For.
Upon completion of the transaction, Chris Russell will continue his focus on the region’s business and civic communities as the market managing partner for BDO in Seattle. Michael Reeves and Bob Filip will continue in their respective roles as BDO’s assurance and tax managing partners for the combined Seattle practice.
“BDO has fueled its tremendous growth by combining with entrepreneurial and successful CPA firms that not only complement their service offerings and culture, but add value for their clients.” said Allan D. Koltin, CEO of Koltin Consulting Group, who advised both firms on the combination. “The addition of Peterson Sullivan offers tremendous opportunity throughout the Seattle market and the entire Pacific Northwest region. Peterson Sullivan garnered interest from many national and mega-regional firms. Ultimately, they felt BDO provided their partners and associates with a great playbook and platform to expand services to their clients.”
Going forward, BDO plans to consolidate its offices into the current Peterson Sullivan location. In the interim, the firm will maintain two office locations. See current contact information below:
BDO USA, LLP
800 5th Ave Suite 3750
Seattle, WA 98104
Peterson Sullivan (BDO USA, LLP upon completion of transaction)
Two Union Square
601 Union Street, Suite 2300
Seattle, WA 98101
- Over the past six years, BDO USA’s cumulative growth rate has far outpaced all other major U.S. accounting firms, with revenues more than doubling from $618 million in 2012 to $1.64 billion in 2019. During that time, BDO entered 24 new U.S. cities and expanded its critical mass in 13 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading nonprofits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for nine consecutive years and has been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for nine consecutive years.
- BDO has more than 60 offices and more than 650 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 80,000 people in 1,600 offices across 162 countries.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and over 700 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 80,000 people working out of 1,600 offices across 162 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com.