GLENDALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IHOP® Restaurants announced today that it is further expanding its all-day menu by launching new, Buttermilk Crispy Chicken. Made with all-natural chicken breasts and a signature seasoning blend, the Buttermilk Crispy Chicken menu features eight delicious new menu items, ranging from savory to sweet and from breakfast to late-night. The centerpiece of the new menu is Crispy Chicken & Pancakes, which combines three of IHOP’s hot, fluffy World Famous Buttermilk pancakes with four breaded and seasoned chicken breast strips to create what’s sure to become breakfast’s newest obsession. For a limited time, guests can get this mouth-watering and unexpected pairing for just $6.99* at participating IHOP restaurants nationwide.
The menu also features other new menu items like Crispy Chicken & Bacon Cheddar Waffles that come with two crispy chicken breasts, a Belgian waffle griddled with cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, all topped with hickory-smoked bacon and a maple glaze. Or the new Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich featuring a crispy chicken breast tossed with Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo sauce on a buttered and grilled Brioche bun and topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and Buttermilk Ranch dressing.
“Our new Crispy Buttermilk Chicken menu was developed with both quality and taste in mind, featuring all-natural chicken breasts and breast strips that are dipped in our proprietary Buttermilk batter and perfectly seasoned breading before being fried to a crispy, golden brown that’s still juicy on the inside,” said Brad Haley, Chief Marketing Officer at IHOP. “Chicken and waffles have quickly become an all-day staple across America and IHOP now makes a really great version of them with our delicious new Crispy Buttermilk Chicken and our classic, fresh-made Belgian Waffle. But, since we are, after all, the International House of Pancakes, we just had to offer our own take on it with Crispy Chicken and Pancakes, made with our World Famous, Buttermilk pancakes and offered for the introductory price of just $6.99. Chicken and Waffles won’t know what hit them!”
The full Buttermilk Crispy Chicken menu includes:
- Crispy Chicken & Pancakes: Four new Crispy Chicken breast strips and three World Famous Buttermilk pancakes. Served with choice of Buttermilk Ranch, Honey Mustard or IHOP Sauce.
- Crispy Chicken Breakfast Combo: New Crispy Chicken breast, two eggs any style, four hickory-smoked bacon strips, hash browns and two buttermilk pancakes. Gravy can be added.
- Crispy Chicken & Waffles: Four new Crispy Chicken breast strips and a Belgian waffle. Served with a choice of Buttermilk Ranch, Honey Mustard or IHOP® Sauce.
- Crispy Chicken & Bacon Cheddar Waffles: A Belgian waffle griddled with cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, topped with two new Crispy Chicken breasts, crumbled hickory-smoked bacon, more cheese, and finished with a generous drizzle of sweet maple glaze.
- Signature Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Strips & Fries: Five new all-natural chicken breast strips served with French fries and a choice of Buttermilk Ranch, Honey Mustard or IHOP® Sauce
- Boneless Buffalo Chicken Strips & Fries: Five new Crispy Chicken breast strips tossed in Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo sauce and French fries, served with Buttermilk Ranch dressing.
- Original Crispy Chicken Sandwich: New Crispy Chicken breast topped with white cheddar cheese, hickory-smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and IHOP® Sauce on a buttered and grilled Brioche bun. Comes with choice of side.
- Spicy Buffalo Crispy Chicken Sandwich: New Crispy Chicken breast tossed in Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo sauce, with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles & buttermilk ranch on a buttered and grilled Brioche bun. Comes with choice of side.
“Building on the breakfast innovation that we’re known for, while also strengthening and expanding our PM business, has been a key area of focus for IHOP over the last 18 months,” continued Haley. “We’ve generated tremendous momentum around our lunch, dinner, overnight and to-go occasions following the internet-breaking launch of our Ultimate Steakburgers and national DoorDash partnership last year, and we expect our new Crispy Chicken menu to take that initiative even farther. However, a lot of people still might not expect IHOP to be a serious player in fried chicken so our lead agency, Droga5, created an entertaining new advertising campaign that depicts IHOP sneaking into the chicken game aboard a Trojan chicken. With a full line-up of new items like our Crispy Chicken & Bacon Cheddar Waffles, Signature Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Strips & Fries and the Spicy Buffalo Crispy Chicken Sandwich, the ads may be funny, but we are, indeed, very serious about getting into the chicken game in a big way.”
To view the IHOP’s Crispy Chicken ad campaign, click here.
The Buttermilk Crispy Chicken lineup is perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between. For a limited time, Crispy Chicken & Pancakes are available for $6.99.* Guests can visit IHOP.com to find their nearest IHOP restaurant and learn more about the new lineup of Buttermilk Crispy Chicken.
*Price and participation may vary. Offer only available for a limited time. Tax and gratuity excluded.
Frank’s RedHot ® is a registered trademark of McCORMICK & COMPANY.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PANCAKES, LLC
For over 61 years, IHOP has been a leader, innovator and expert in all things breakfast, any time of day. The chain offers 65 different signature, fresh, made-to-order breakfast options, a wide selection of popular lunch and dinner items, including Ultimate Steakburgers. IHOP restaurants offer guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. As of December 31, 2018, there are 1,831 IHOP restaurants around the world, including restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam as well as Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, Lebanon, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Thailand and India. IHOP restaurants are franchised by affiliates of Glendale, Calif.-based Dine Brands Global, Inc. (NYSE: DIN).