DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Lithium Compound Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global lithium compound market reached a volume of 278,735 Tons in 2018.
Lithium is a soft and silver-white alkali metal, commonly present in the soil, plants, animals and human body. It is generally extracted from ores and mineral springs where it is found in small amounts. It has the lowest density of all the metals and reacts vigorously with water. Lithium is corrosive in nature and burns with a brilliant white flame. It forms numerous organic and inorganic compounds including hydride, oxide, nitride, carbide, hydroxide, etc. These compounds find applications in cooling systems for nuclear reactors, rechargeable batteries, special glasses, glass ceramics, aircrafts, armour plating, bicycle frames, etc.
Lithium-ion batteries are majorly used in portable electronic devices such as electric vehicles, camera, pacemakers, smartphones and watches. Increasing usage for these devices among the consumers has boosted the demand for li-ion batteries in the emerging countries such as China, South Korea, India and Brazil. This acts as the major growth-inducing factor for lithium compounds since they are used in the production of li-ion batteries.
Moreover, huge investments in infrastructure developments, renovation of buildings and new housing projects are increasing the demand for glasses and ceramics, thereby influencing the market of lithium compounds. Further, a shift towards electronic vehicles instead of petroleum-based vehicles is facilitating the demand for lithium compounds in the industry.
Owing to these factors, the market is expected to reach a volume of 420,658 Tons by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of more than 7% during 2019-2024.
Scope of the Report
- The report has segmented the market on the basis of type, wherein lithium carbonate represents the most popular type of lithium compound. It is followed by lithium hydroxide, lithium concentrate, lithium metal, lithium chloride and butyllithium.
- The market is also segregated on the basis of end-use into batteries, glass and glass ceramics, automotive parts, greases, metallurgy, polymer and air treatment.
- Amongst these, batteries account for the majority of the market share.
- Region-wise, the report covers Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- Currently, Asia Pacific dominates the market, accounting for the majority of the market share.
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key global players being SQM, FMC Corporation, Orocobre Limited, Lithium Americas Corp. and Neometals Ltd.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global lithium compound market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global lithium compound market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global lithium compound market?
- What are the major end-uses in the global lithium compound market?
- What are the price trends of lithium compound?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global lithium compound market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global lithium compound market?
- What is the structure of the global lithium compound market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global lithium compound market?
- How is lithium compound manufactured?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.3 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Lithium Compound Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Volume Trends
5.2.2 Value Trends
5.3 Price Trends
5.4 Market Breakup by Type
5.5 Market Breakup by End Use
5.6 Market Breakup by Region
5.7 Market Forecast
5.8 SWOT Analysis
5.9 Value Chain Analysis
5.9.2 Research and Development
5.9.3 Raw Material Procurement
5.10 Porters Five Forces Analysis
6 Market Breakup by Type
6.1 Lithium Carbonate
6.1.1 Market Trends
6.1.2 Market Forecast
6.2 Lithium Hydroxide
6.3 Lithium Concentrate
6.4 Lithium Metal
6.5 Lithium Chloride
6.7 Other Lithium Compound
7 Market Breakup by End-Use
7.1.1 Market Trends
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.2 Glass and Glass Ceramics
7.3 Automotive Parts
7.7 Air Treatment
8 Market Breakup by Region
9 Lithium Compound Manufacturing Process
9.1 Product Overview
9.2 Raw Material Requirements
9.3 Manufacturing Process
9.4 Key Success and Risk Factors
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Market Structure
10.2 Key Players
10.3 Profiles of Key Players
- FMC Corporation
- Orocobre Limited
- Lithium Americas Corp
- Neometals Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/t14s17