DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "LRFD Road Tunnel Design and Construction Guide Specifications" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
These specifications are intended for the design, evaluation, and rehabilitation of highway tunnels and for the design of tunnels constructed using cut-and-cover, bored, mined, and immersed tunnel construction methodologies.
Structures internal to tunnels that support roadways over ventilation plenums, roadways, or other openings in the tunnel are to be designed in accordance with the LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, including the loadings specified here that are unique to tunnels.
The load effects of these internal structures shall be applied to the tunnel lining, walls, or other supporting members in accordance with these specifications. Retaining walls for retained cut approaches to tunnels should also be designed in accordance with the LRFD Bridge Design Specifications.
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - General Features & Requirements
- Section 3 - Loads & Load Combinations
- Section 4 - Structural Materials & Design Considerations
- Section 5 - Geotechnical Considerations
- Section 6 - Cut-and-cover Tunnel Structures
- Section 7 - Mined & Bored Tunnel Structures
- Section 8 - Immersed Tunnel Structures
- Section 9 - Initial Ground Support Elements & Ground Improvement
- Section 10 - Seismic Considerations
- Appendix A - Planning & Route Considerations
- Appendix B - Recommended Construction Specification Sections
For more information about this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7l5ee.