WILMINGTON, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medac Urgent Care, a member of the Urgent Care Group Network , announced today that they are now an Authorized VA Urgent Care Provider as a part of the VA MISSION Act passed by Congress last year.
Eligible Veterans are now able to visit all 5 of Medac’s Wilmington, NC area urgent care centers to receive on-demand care without prior authorization or an appointment.
“We are enthusiastic for the opportunity to begin providing care to Veterans at all of our Medac centers!” said Sarrah Johnson, COO of Urgent Care Group. “Our primary goal is to provide healthcare services to the Wilmington community, and we look forward to welcoming Veterans into all of our centers for efficient and immediate care.”
Veterans can find out more information on the program and eligibility by visiting https://www.va.gov/.
In addition to being an Authorized VA Urgent Care Provider, Medac accepts all major insurances and offers three-tiered flat rate bundles that focus on providing affordable healthcare services for patients without insurance. Each tier focuses on a different patient need such as illness, injuries, and comprehensive care. For more information on self-pay bundles, please visit our website https://www.medachealth.com.
Medac Urgent Care has 5 locations in the Wilmington area that are open every day from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, with extended hours to 11:00 PM at the Shipyard location in Long Leaf Mall. Medac Urgent Care centers are located throughout the Wilmington area at:
- Shipyard - 4402 Shipyard Boulevard Wilmington, NC 28403. (Long Leaf Mall across from John T. Hoggard High School)
- Military Cutoff - 1442 Military Cutoff Road Wilmington, NC 28403. (One Block from Eastwood Road)
- Monkey Junction - 5245 South College Road Wilmington, NC 28412. (Next to AutoZone Across from Lowes Foods)
- Porters Neck - 8115 Market Street Wilmington, NC 28411. (Near Walmart in Bayshore Commons)
- Murrayville - 2600 New Village Way Wilmington, NC 28403. (Across from Emsley A. Laney High School)
Medac Urgent Care also serves Wilmington area employers at their corporate health center located at 4402 Shipyard Boulevard Wilmington, NC 28403 (Long Leaf Mall across from John T. Hoggard High School). Medac Corporate Health is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
For more information about Medac Urgent Care, visit www.medachealth.com.