DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Healthcare Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report describes and evaluates the market for healthcare globally. It covers two five-year periods, 2014 to 2018, termed the historic period, and 2018 through 2022, the forecast period.
The global healthcare market reached a value of nearly $8,452 billion in 2018, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% since 2014, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9% to nearly $11,908.9 billion by 2022.
Growth in the historic period resulted from the rapid growth in the elderly population, strong economic growth in emerging markets, decline in oil prices, and health insurance reforms globally. Factors that negatively affected growth in the historic period were low healthcare access, shortages of skilled human resources, difficulty in manufacturing biologics, and regulatory changes.
Going forward, faster economic growth, technological developments and the increasing prevalence of diseases due to rising busy and sedentary lifestyles will drive the growth. Factors that could hinder the growth of this market in the future are rising interest rates, increasing awareness of alternative therapies and natural remedies, government provisions in healthcare services, and stringent government regulations.
The healthcare market is segmented by type into healthcare services, pharmaceutical drugs, medical equipment, biologics, and veterinary healthcare. Healthcare services were the largest segment of the healthcare market, accounting for 79.4% of the total in 2018. It was followed by pharmaceutical drugs, medical equipment and then the other segments.
Going forward, the fastest growing segments in the healthcare market will be biologics and veterinary healthcare, where growth will be at CAGRs of 13.6% and 10.9% respectively. These will be followed by healthcare services and pharmaceutical drugs where the markets are expected to grow at CAGRs of 9.3% and 6% respectively.
The healthcare market is segmented by type of end-user gender into female end-users and male end-users. The female end-users segment was the largest segment of the healthcare market in 2018 at 52.6%. The male end-users segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment going forward at a CAGR of 9%.
North America was the largest market for healthcare, accounting for 41.9% of the global market in 2018. It was followed by Asia-Pacific, Western Europe and then the other regions.
Going forward, the fastest growing regions in the healthcare market will be the Asia Pacific and Africa, where growth will be at CAGRs of 13.4% and 13.1% respectively. These will be followed by the Middle East and South America where the markets are expected to grow at CAGRs of 12.8% and 10.7% respectively.
The healthcare market is highly fragmented, with a large number of small players. The top ten competitors in the market made up to 7.2% of the total market in 2018. Players in the market include UK National Health Service, Kaiser Permanente, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, and Novartis AG.
The top opportunities in the global healthcare market will arise in the healthcare services segment which will gain $2,873.6 billion of global annual sales by 2022. The global healthcare market for female end-users will offer the most opportunities as it will gain $1,807.8 billion of global annual sales by 2022. The healthcare market size will gain the most in the USA at $808 billion.
Market-trend-based strategies for the healthcare market include increasing the adoption of bundled payments, using digital tools, increasing collaborations across industries and companies, focusing on the development of new medicines, and adopting hybrid imaging technology. Players adopted strategies in the healthcare industry include acquiring companies in similar industries to expand their presence and focusing on offering quality products and services.
To take advantage of these opportunities, the author recommends the healthcare companies to collaborate across verticals and industries to provide value-based healthcare, focus on the development of new medicines, adopt cloud-based electronic health records, and expand in emerging markets, among other strategies.
Reasons to Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information
- Identify growth segments for investment
- Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis
- Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
- Benchmark performance against key competitors
- Develop strategies based on likely future developments
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high-quality data and analysis
- Gain a global perspective on the development of the market
Key Topics Covered
1. Healthcare Market Executive Summary
2. Table of Contents
3. List of Figures
4. List of Tables
5. Report Structure
7. Healthcare Market Characteristics
8. Healthcare Market Trends & Opportunities
9. Healthcare Market Opportunity Assessment, PESTEL Analysis
10. Healthcare Market Customer Information
11. Global Healthcare Market Size & Growth
12. Healthcare Market, Regional & Country Analysis
13. Healthcare Market Segmentation
14. Global Healthcare Market Comparative Analysis
15. Healthcare Market Segments
16. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors
17. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors Across Countries
18. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Industry Metrics
19. Asia-Pacific Healthcare Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lnf5u8