DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Malaysia Plastics Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Malaysia plastics market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 6% during the forecast period.
Plastics are typically organic polymers of high molecular mass, and they often contain other substances. They are usually synthetic, most commonly derived from petrochemicals, however, an array of variants are made from renewable materials, such as polylactic acid from corn or cellulosics from cotton linters.
Key Market Trends
In Traditional Plastics, Polyethylene to Dominate the Market
- Polyethylene is one of the key products in our daily life now a days. It is primarily used in the packaging sector, which comprises of containers & bottles, plastic bags, plastic films as well as geomembranes. It is of various types including HDPE and LDPE.
- The packaging industry has experienced a drastic growth over the past few years. The increased demand for packaged goods has accelerated the demand for high density polyethylene (HDPE).
- With the increased disposable income, rising consumption of products including packaged foods, personal care products, pharmaceuticals, etc., the HDPE market is growing drastically.
- The use of HDPE for plastic pipes in buildings is leading to the growth in the product's market owing to the rapid increase in the Malaysia's infrastructure sector.
- Malaysia's construction industry is expected to grow over the forecast period due to the newly established Pakatan Harapan Coalition which continues to reduce government debt and expenditure by initiating large-scale infrastructure projects across the country.
- The government following this coalition has initiated the construction of two oil & gas pipeline project in the country worth USD 970 million each.
- Owing to the above mentioned factors, growth of traditional plastics including polyethylene is expected to rise in the forecast period.
Increasing Demand from Packaging Industry
- Packaging accounts for the largest application segment in the Malaysian plastics market. The prime reasons for the growing application of engineering plastics, in the packaging segment, are better wear and chemical resistance, ease of molding, recyclability, puncture resistance, and high mechanical strength.
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is one of the plastics majorly used for packaging purposes, mostly in the food and beverage industry. Portability, design flexibility, ease of cleaning, light weight, and protection against moisture, are a few properties of PET, which makes it suitable for packaging purposes. In addition, low handling hazards, low toxicity, and absence of bisphenol A (BPA) and heavy metals are some of the other factors that allow PET to be used for food packaging.
- PETs are used for making clamshells, bakery and take-out containers, microwaveable food trays, carbonated soft drink bottles, and other packages. Other applications include packaging materials for cooking oils, shampoo, hand wash, and more products.
- Polyamide is another major engineering plastic that finds major application in the packaging sector. Bi-axially oriented and non-oriented polyamide films are used in medical and food packaging, owing to the former's high impact strength and good heat resistance.
- Increasing household and commercial applications for containers, plastic bags, canisters, and tableware, among others, are expected to drive the consumption demand for plastics in the packaging sector, during the forecast period. The demand for plastics, from packaging, in the food and beverage sector has also increased considerably, over the years. The Malaysian food and beverage industry is a fast-growing one, characterized by a large export market.
The Malaysia plastics market is expected to be consolidated in nature, due to the limited presence of plastic resin manufacturers in the country. Key players in the Malaysia plastics market include Toray Plastics Sdn Bhd, Polyplastics Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd, Behn Meyer Polymers Sdn Bhd, Malayan Electro-Chemical Industry Co. Sdn Bhd, among others.
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Food, Beverage, and Pharmaceutical Industries
4.1.2 Government Support and Increasing Usage of Recycled Plastics
4.1.3 Supporting Trade Agreements
4.2.1 Increasing Labor Costs
4.2.2 Environmental Concerns
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters 5 Forces Analysis
4.5 PESTEL Analysis
4.6 Imports and Exports
4.7 Price Analysis
4.8 Machinery and Technology
4.9 Government Plans and Policies
4.10 Macroeconomic Factors
4.11 Raw Material Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Traditional Plastics
18.104.22.168 Poly-vinyl Chloride
5.1.2 Engineering Plastics
22.214.171.124.1 Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
126.96.36.199.2 Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
188.8.131.52.3 Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
184.108.40.206.1 Nylon 6
220.127.116.11.2 Nylon 66
18.104.22.168.3 Other Ployamides
22.214.171.124 Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
126.96.36.199 Polyphenylene Oxide (PPO/PPE Blends)
188.8.131.52 Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS)
184.108.40.206 Styrene Copolymers (ABS and SAN)
220.127.116.11 Thermoplastic Polyesters
18.104.22.168.1 Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT)
22.214.171.124.2 Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
126.96.36.199.3 Copolyesters (PETG/PCTG)
188.8.131.52 Liquid Crystal Polymers (LCP)
184.108.40.206 Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK)
220.127.116.11 Polyimides (PI)
18.104.22.168 Other Engineering Plastics
5.2.1 Blow Molding
5.2.3 Injection Molding
5.2.4 Other Technologies
5.3.2 Films & Sheets
5.3.3 Pipes & Fittings
5.3.6 Building & Construction
5.3.7 Automotive & Transportation
5.3.8 Electrical & Electronics
5.3.9 Furniture & Bedding
5.3.11 Other Applications
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Toray Plastics Sdn Bhd
6.4.2 CYL Corporation Bhd
6.4.3 Lam Seng Plastics Industries Sdn Bhd
6.4.4 EE-LIAN Enterprise M Sdn Bhd
6.4.5 Sanko Plastics Sdn Bhd
6.4.6 BP Plastics Holding Bhd
6.4.7 Fu Fong Plastic Industries Sdn Bhd
6.4.8 Metro Plastic Manufacturer Sdn Bhd
6.4.9 Commercial Plastic Industries
6.4.10 George Kent Bhd
6.4.11 Hicom-Teck See Manufacturing Malaysia Sdn Bhd
6.4.12 Guppy Plastic Industries Sdn Bhd
6.4.13 Teck See Plastic Sdn Bhd
6.4.14 Scientex Packaging Film Sdn Bhd
6.4.15 Meditop Corp Sdn Bhd
6.4.16 LOTTE CHEMICAL TITAN
6.4.17 Polyplastics Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd
6.4.18 Malayan Electro-Chemical Industry Co. Sdn Bhd
6.4.19 Behn Meyer Polymers Sdn Bhd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Innovative Applications in Electronic Products
7.2 Increasing Usage of Bio-degradable Plastics
7.3 Engineered Plastics Replacing Traditional Materials
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/natqkp