DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "China Beauty Market Report - 2018 Q3 Makeup Market Review" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
China's beauty market in 2018 is 407.8 billion RMB market, the second-largest in the world after the USA. The rapid growth of the late 2000s is slowing down, but the recent CAGR market is growing at a rapid rate of 11.6%. The Q3 beauty market in 2018 is about 60.96 billion RMB, up 0.7% from the same quarter of the previous year.
The online market is 85 billion RMB, accounting for about 27.7% of the total beauty market. This report focuses on analyzing the sales of cosmetics being sold in Taobao and Tmall which are the largest online distribution channels in China (about 75 billion RMB). Taobao/Tmall distribution channels sold about 22.2 billion RMB in Q3 2018. In terms of platforms, Tmall, which is being operated by brands, accounted for 50% of the total market.
The premium market is steadily taking a stable 30% M/S of the entire market. The top 500 brands in China, as of Q3 2018, include 411 mass brands and 89 premium brands. Premium brands, however, account for about 6 billion RMB (30% M/S) of the total sales, and mass brands account for 13.1 billion RMB (70%M/S ). Q3/Q2 showed a 25% growth, premium brands grew by about 28.7% and mass brands grew by about 24.5%.
China's beauty market is expected to grow into a market of 60 trillion RMB by 2025. As one of the most notable beauty markets in the world, it is a representative market that not only global cosmetics companies but also small niche brands want to enter. As all brands are interested in this market, about 40,000 brands are striving to attract consumers in the Chinese market.
Despite the reports on the economic downturn in China, such as a trade war between the United States and China and various changes in economic environments, the China beauty market is expected to grow the most so that it is drawing worldwide attention. Experts predict that China beauty market will grow to an estimated 280 billion RMB in 2018, with an average growth rate of 12.5%.
Although it is expected to be the largest market in the world in the next five years, not many companies describe the Chinese market accurately. Especially, due to China's unique distribution structure, it is not easy for both foreign and domestic companies to read the entire market. In addition, even global cosmetic brands are having difficulties in the Chinese market due to rapid changes in consumer buying patterns.
This report is based on the analysis of the sales data of more than 3.5 million products being sold at Tmall and Taobao, China, 2.3 billion buyer reviews, as well as more than 10 million data of XIAOHONGSHU and Weibo. Given that 40% of the Chinese cosmetics market is sold online, 70% of the sales are made at Tmall and Taobao channels, this report can be used as a criterion for judging the market share or changes of brands in the entire Chinese market.
In a more complex market, it is necessary to establish a strategy based on more accurate numbers and insight that reads the numbers more clearly. We hope that this report will be able to read the rapidly changing the China beauty market more quickly and easily, and many companies will use this report to establish a strategy to succeed in the Chinese market.
Key Topics Covered
- Q3 China Beauty Market Overview: Rapidly growing China Beauty Market
- Q3 Korea Brands Performance: Korea brand ranking Top25
- Q3 New Brand In: WASO
- Q3 Makeup Market Issues: Top 100 brands are taking more than 20% of M/S
- Q3 Top Makeup Brand Performance
- Key Brands to Watch: Perfect Diary, ZEESEA, 3CE, JudydoLL
- Makeup Category Issue: Brands with segmentation products
3. Market by Category
- Primer/Makeup Market Issue: K-Brands and J-Brands
- Foundation Market Issue: Growth of key product line
- BB Cream Market Issue: Shift of BB cream from a cream type to cushion type
- Concealer Market Issue: Segmentation of the market needs
- Pressed Powder Market Issue: Slows down in its market growth
- Loose Powder Market Issue: Suitable for a matte makeup style
- Lip Stick Market Issue: Representative item for showing
- Lip Gloss Market Issue: Competitive market with its rapid market expansion
- Lip Liner Market Issue: Smaller market yet steady expansion of the market size
- Eye Shadow Market Issue: Focusing on eye palettes
- Eye Liner Market Issue: Rapid growing of Japanese brands
- Mascara Market Issue: Female consumer needs are on eyebrows length
- Eye Brow Market Issue: Natural eyebrows vs. semi-permanent tattoo eyebrows
- Blusher/Shading/Highlighter Market Issue: Slight growth on blusher market
4. Marketing Issue
- Brand Marketing Issue: Carslan, Cosme Decorte, Aupres, Watsons, L'Oreal, Kiehl's
- Seasonal Marketing Issue: Chinese Valentine's Day Chilwol-chilsuk(July 7th in the lunar calendar)
- CE KR
- Estee Lauder
- Marie Dalgar
- Perfect Diary
- Tom Ford
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mqodjb