CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In its 10th year, Cleveland Clinic’s annual Patient Experience: Empathy + Innovation Summit is partnering with global health information thought leader HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society). The partnership will enhance the event’s focus on technology and explore how empathy is extending into an increasingly digital healthcare environment.
The theme of this year’s summit is Looking Back, Leaping Forward, and examines the past decade of innovative patient-forward advancements and explores the future for empathic patient care.
Attendees of the world’s largest independent patient experience conference will discover how to empower the patient experience through clinical advancements like enhanced focus on technology, international application and innovation, and patient-inclusive design thinking.
Featured speakers include:
- Geoff Colvin, CBS Radio commentator, Fortune magazine senior editor and best-selling author
- Kelly Leonard, executive director of Insights and Applied Improvisation at The Second City
- Chris Dancy, an author, touted as “the Most Connected Man on Earth”
- Christine Porath, author and associate professor at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University
- Victor Montori, M.D., a Mayo Clinic physician, researcher and author
- Cleveland Clinic leadership including President & CEO Tom Mihaljevic, M.D.,
In addition, preconference sessions on Monday, May 13 will convene two think tanks.
The complete agenda can be found here: http://www.empathyandinnovation.com/cleveland/2019/schedule
The 2018 summit brought together nearly 2,000 industry professionals across 47 states and 32 countries. From the plenary stage and diverse workshops to immersive experiences and networking opportunities, attendees will discover together what it takes to create the ideal patient experience throughout this immersive and unique three-day event.
To register and learn more, visit: www.empathyandinnovation.com