NEW YORK & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leading independent reputation management consultancy Lansons today announces the acquisition of Intermarket, the specialist strategic communications consultancy based in New York and founded by Matt Zachowski and Martin Mosbacher in 1986. The transaction represents the continued expansion of Lansons’ global strategic communications capabilities, building on its prominent role in leading international agency networks Public Relations Organisations (PROI) Worldwide and Global Communications Partners (GCP) and deepening the service it can provide clients in this strategically important market.
Commenting on the news, Tony Langham, Chief Executive, Lansons said “As a business we are ambitious for ourselves and our clients, and the next phase of our development is international expansion in key markets that build upon our existing international consultancy capabilities. Many of our international clients have a footprint in both London and New York and major businesses are seeking more internationally-based consultancy. This presence in the world’s biggest communications market provides considerable opportunity and potential for long-term growth at a time when companies are striving to define their purpose globally.
“Intermarket has a great reputation in the US market and we’re excited to be working with their very talented team in New York. Having known Martin and Matt for many years through our work together as part of GCP and through the sharing of a number of international clients, we know there are strong synergies in the sectors we work in, in our sense of independence and in our deep commitment to client service.”
Both Zachowski and Mosbacher will continue in their leadership roles, with Matt serving as CEO and Martin as Executive Vice Chairman. They will report to Tony Langham, who will be Non-executive Chairman of Intermarket.
“We have long seen New York and London as two synergistic parts that collectively make up an important communications hub,” said Mosbacher. “This is why we have always worked with strong partners in London – none stronger than Lansons.”
Added Zachowski: “We are thrilled to be joining Lansons at this juncture in our firm’s history and see significant opportunities for growth as a result, both in our home market and internationally. Our two firms share a common culture of inclusion and respect for our people and a client-centric approach to our work. And given the breadth of services Lansons offers, we expect strong demand from our clients for an expanded offering, which we look forward to delivering in the not-too-distant future.”
With the acquisition of Intermarket, Lansons will have an annual fee income of around £13million ($17 million). The deal sees Lansons acquire an initial 51 per cent of Intermarket in cash for an undisclosed sum with the remaining 49 per cent stake to be purchased in two additional tranches over the next three years based on the performance of the business during that period. Intermarket will be rebranded Lansons Intermarket in the near future.
Founded in 1986 by Matt Zachowski and Martin Mosbacher, Intermarket Communications provides strategic communications consulting and tactical public relations services to a wide range of clients operating across the global landscape, with particular emphasis on financial services. Intermarket has been ranked as one of the Top 10 Financial PR/IR firms in the U.S. for each of the past 20 years. Financial clients run the gamut from major global banks to potentially disruptive start-ups. The company also serves clients in the technology and higher education industries as well as not-for-profit industry trade associations. Service is a key factor that sets Intermarket apart. At Intermarket, all clients work directly with a team of experienced communications professionals who understand their business, help shape their story, and know how to make that story resonate with a variety of audiences.
Based in London, Lansons is a leading independent reputation management consultancy, 100% owned by people working in the business. It has been voted agency of the year seventeen times since it was established in 1989 by its Chair, Clare Parsons and Chief Executive, Tony Langham. Lansons has over 100 people (35 of whom own the Limited Liability Partnership), has won over 90 major awards, and works for more than 100 national and international clients. Through its membership of the international networks PROI Worldwide and Global Communication Partners (GCP), Lansons delivers global expertise and strategic advice. At the same time Lansons has been featured in the Great Places to Work ‘Best Workplace’ rankings for each of the past fourteen years. Lansons’ consultants are experts in media, investor, political, regulatory, employee and change, crisis, digital and international communications.