This 83-page report gives data and commentary from 36 officers from 33 colleges and universities about their use of Snapchat for college marketing and student recruitment.
The study gives highly detailed data on extent of use and spending on a range of Snapchat advertising options such as snap ads, Geofilters, sponsored lenses and other Snapchat options. It also looks at the amount of staff time spent on Snapchat, and plans for spending and staff time use in the near future.
Respondents give their advice on whether and how to use Snapchat in college marketing and compare its effectiveness with other social media and search engine options such as Google, Facebook and Instagram.
Data in the report is broken out by many institutional variables of the colleges affiliated with those who took the survey - college enrollment, college type, annual tuition, public/private status - as well as many personal characteristics of the respondents themselves - work title, age and gender.
So, for example, it is possible to see how public relations officials feels about Snapchat vs. those who work in admissions, or enrollment marketing.
Just of few of the report's many findings are that:
- Mean spending on Snapchat was approximately three times higher at 4-year colleges than at research universities or community colleges.
- A shade more than 11% of those surveyed used an advertising agency to prepare their Snapchat ads.
- Community colleges and colleges charging less than $10,000 in annual tuition were the most likely to say that they would be increasing their use of staff time spent on Snapchat in the near future.
- Characteristics of the Sample
Summary of Main Findings
- Percentage of Colleges Advertising on Snapchat
- Percentage of Colleges Currently Advertising on Snapchat
- College Mean Spending on Paid Snapchat Advertising
- Use of Geofllters in College Marketing
- Use of Sponsored Lenses in College Marketing
- Attitudes of College Marketers Towards Use of Paid Ads on Snapchat
- Use of Daily Renewable Budget for Snapchat ads
- Use of a Defined Longer Term Snapchat Budget that Runs Out
- View of Snapchat as a Tool for Reaching the International Student Market
- Total Spending on Geofilter Ads in the Past Year
- Total Spending on Snap Ads in the Past Year
- Use of Long Form Videos on Snapchat
- Who Makes Snapchat Ads for the College?
- Use of Outside Ad Agencies to Handle Snapchat Ads
- Man Hours Per Year of College Staff Time Spent on Snapchat
- Percentage Change in Staff Hours Spent on Snapchat Marketing in the Past Year
- Expected Trend in Future Use of College Staff Time Spent on Snapchat Marketing
- View of Effectiveness of Snapchat as Marketing Vehicle Vs. Facebook, Google, Instagram and other Digital Marketing Options
Sources / Contributors
- Abilene Christian University
- Appalachian State University
- Ashland University
- Baylor University
- Carleton College
- Central Lakes College
- Columbia College
- Eastern Maine Community College
- Florida Southern College
- Framingham State University
- Kingsborough Community College
- Lehigh University
- Lewis University
- Lyon College
- Miles College
- New York University Press
- Ramapo College of New Jersey
- Rio Hondo College
- Saint Vincent College
- Shippensburg University
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Springfield College Office of Communications
- SUNY Oswego
- The University of Akron
- University of North Dakota
- Utica College
- WashU Olin Business School
- Western Technical College
- Worcester State University
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2l7f86/2019_survey_of?w=4