LEHI, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Canopy, the leading cloud-based practice management platform for tax and accounting professionals, today announced additional features around its upcoming professional Tax Prep software as the product moves to private beta. Tax Prep is an all-in-one, intuitive and easy-to-navigate cloud-based software that enables tax professionals to save hours per filing.
“In 2017, almost 79 million tax returns were completed by tax professionals, making tax season an incredibly busy and stressful period for our clients. Additionally, understanding and reviewing new regulations adds another layer of complexity to the accounting process. Often times, accountants spend more time on busy work, than actually growing their practice,” said Kurt Avarell, founder and CEO of Canopy. “With our new Tax Prep solution, Canopy is removing one more complexity for tax professionals by making the filing process straightforward and more simple than it has ever been before.”
Tax Prep offers a clean design, clear workflows and integrates seamlessly with Canopy’s Practice Management, Tax Resolution, Notices, and Transcripts offerings. Unique in the industry for its holistic approach, the software makes it easy for accountants to collaborate through a client portal, send returns to customers electronically, gather e-signatures for common forms and e-File directly with the IRS and be notified when returns are accepted. As with all of Canopy’s products, Tax Prep is cloud-based and accessible from anywhere, with no IT resources, servers, or manual software upgrades required.
“Our ultimate goal is to address every task tax professionals have and streamline each one. With Tax Prep we are checking off a huge portion of that list,” continued Avarell.
Unique features for Canopy Tax Prep include:
Clean, Modern Design
- With a modern, user-centered design, Tax Prep is intuitive, easy-to-use, and built for productivity.
- With an intuitive navigation system, accountants will fly through federal and state returns without a user manual. All forms and schedules are conveniently grouped into natural, user-friendly categories, for simple navigation.
- Tax Prep saves users time by answering all contextually-related questions at the same time, no matter which federal or state forms they reside in.
Streamlined Workflows and Experiences
- In one click, accountants can securely deliver tax forms for client review and collect e-signatures for IRS Form 8879 and other state authorization forms.
- Tax Prep automatically collects client bank account information and facilitates payments and refunds through the accounts of their choice. After reviewing tax documents in the client portal, clients can designate which accounts to use and enter banking details directly.
Everything in One Place
- Canopy Tax Prep is fully integrated with every product in Canopy’s Practice Efficiency Suite, including Practice Management, Tax Resolution, Notices, and Transcripts, offering everything needed to run a tax practice in one place.
- Practice Management integration provides a complete view of all the work and activities happening within a firm. Task templates automate tax preparation workflows so anyone new to the practice knows exactly how to move through the firm’s unique processes.
- Notices and Tax Resolution solutions help to quickly resolve new cases or long standing issues with the IRS.
Tax Prep with be generally available this summer.
Canopy is a cloud-based practice management and tax resolution software. The modern, easy-to-use software cuts out tax practice busywork, improves the client experience, and brings all the different tools a practitioner needs under one roof. Canopy was founded by Kurt Avarell, who walked away from his career as a Wall Street tax attorney to launch Canopy from his basement in 2014.
Learn more at www.canopytax.com and @CanopyTax.